Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Kubota B 2650 cab

Default Re: hydraulic quick connects

I have mine set up so that each hose has a male or female end. This keeps the hoses hooked correctly when I hook up and allows me to hook them both together when I disconnect. Doing this allows the oil to move when the temps change or the implement gets moved. No pressure gets built up.
    Phil. from Mass.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by mpham View Post
    I have mine set up so that each hose has a male or female end. This keeps the hoses hooked correctly when I hook up and allows me to hook them both together when I disconnect. Doing this allows the oil to move when the temps change or the implement gets moved. No pressure gets built up.
    This is what I was referring to earlier. It's only chance of helping with heat expansion is if your couplers on the attachment hoses "bleed" enough to relieve the built up pressure when you disconnect them. If it has always worked for you, they obviously do. But, understand that connecting them does nothing to prevent heat expansion.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015

I usually relieve built up pressure by pushing the female collar back and then forcing the male tip into the female. It will bleed enough fluid to relieve the pressure and then I can go ahead and complete the coupling. Makes bit of a mess on the ground but that seems to go hand in hand with hydraulics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Palen Archtops at http://guitarsnjazz.com/

Tractor
    Kubota L3240, Kubota B7100, Kubota F2560, John Deer, F525 Mule 600

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    This is what I was referring to earlier. It's only chance of helping with heat expansion is if your couplers on the attachment hoses "bleed" enough to relieve the built up pressure when you disconnect them. If it has always worked for you, they obviously do. But, understand that connecting them does nothing to prevent heat expansion.
    Yep, itís still a closed loop system that doesnít give the oil anywhere to go. Iíd guess itís more likely heís never tried to reconnect in favourable conditions for heat expansion or has a set of leaky couplers that do relieve pressure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234