hydraulic quick connects

/ hydraulic quick connects #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi folks..gravelman here... does anyone have a recommendation on quick disconnects etc...i have never used flat faced but im interested. I have been fighting with some of my quick connects and not sure why they have been so difficult to connect. No pressure on lines but im thinking the flat faced might be easier...two hands to push or pull and not worry about pulling back the sleeve etc. thanks folks.

/ hydraulic quick connects #2  
How you mount them makes a difference. I have my rear remotes in a bracket that holds the outer sleeves on the female half. I can just push the male in with both hands, or pull it out without touching the female half because the bracket moves the sleeve. I think they're Safeway Ag couplers with the steel ball on the end.

/ hydraulic quick connects
ok,thanks for that...i did not know about that... thanks

/ hydraulic quick connects #4  
Flat face, at least the ones I have, have stiffer springs than the ag couplers I have. I found them really difficult to connect.

Some ag coupler females' locking sleeves will move both directions and unlock either way. Others just pull outwards. If you want both the breakaway and push to connect features that bigdeano describes I think you need the two way type.

/ hydraulic quick connects #5  
Bobcat has flat faced and Kubota has TSC ag fittings. Both work fine for me as long as you remove pressure by moving levers before unhooking.

ok, thanks for that...much appreciated

/ hydraulic quick connects #7  
Flat faced couplers work ok for some applications but are quite expensive. Like all couplers, they leak, are prone to pressure binding and difficult to relieve, particularly on the implement end. I switched back to the break away AG or Pioneer type. I use all female couplers on the tractor end since the pressure can be relieved by working the valves. The male ends are cheaper and can easily be relieved by just tapping the ball end on a hard surface.

If you want to try flat face, my advice is to buy a single set and try them out first before investing the $$ to equip all your implements with them

What works well for some may not for others. Every situation is different so go with what works for you.

ok, great advice...thanks alot.

/ hydraulic quick connects #9  
Two advantages of flat face. Very easy to clean versus trying to clean the female end of Parker couplers. Secondly, they don't dribble fluid when coupled/uncoupled.

Two disadvantages of flat face. More expensive. Secondly, hard to relieve pressure from male end.

Neither type is less likely or more likely to have pressure problems. That's caused by conditions when uncoupled and/or temperature change.

got it...thanks