JD 6430 Premium hydraulic control question.

/ JD 6430 Premium hydraulic control question. #1  

SamOlson

Tractor
JD 7610
Hello, I have a simple question or two.

How do I set the hydraulic control 'lever' on a 6430(w/IVT) so that I can continuously run a hydraulic motor without having to hold the lever?

I figured out how to control the flow rate but for whatever reason can't get the control lever to stay in a locked 'on' position.

I am also having trouble getting the 3-point to reach the fully raised position. I tried adjusting the range of movement on the settings but it was already at 100%.

This is a new to me tractor(a 2007 we bought used last week) and I'm just trying to figure this thing out.

Thanks for any help.

/ JD 6430 Premium hydraulic control question. #2  
Since it is a premium it will have atleast 2 200 series rear scv's. Settings are made at the scv, for continuous motor control you are looking for the picture of the gear pump. This is all assuming that you have mechanical scv's. Since this is a ivt premium though i'm guessing that you have electronic scv's in which case you need to make the changes in the command center. If that is the case then an op's manual will be very much worth the investment (can also be viewed at Deere's website). Good luck

/ JD 6430 Premium hydraulic control question.
Thank you very much for the info. You are correct, it has the electrical scv's.

I messed around with it again to day and got it figured out.