kubota hrdraulic oil

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #1  

njtom

Tractor
kubota mx5000
i have a mx 5000 with gear shift trans and no loader, what type of hydraulic oil

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #3  
believe UDT no longer offered. Super UTD is the new standard. Subject to correction. Use of Kubota brand lubricants and filters is always the preferred and safe choice.

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #4  
For a gear tractor, I wouldn't have a moment's hesitation running $40/pail universal tractor hydraulic fluid as opposed to the $100/pail sudt

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #5  
LD1,
Sometimes what we do for ourselves, differs from what we recommend for others.

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #6  
LD1,
Sometimes what we do for ourselves, differs from what we recommend for others.

Nor for me, at least not when it comes to how I care for equipment.

Traveller branded universal stuff at TSC for $34/pail normally.....absolutely nothing at all wrong with dumping that in the op's 10-15 year old basic gear tractor.

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #7  
believe UDT no longer offered. Super UTD is the new standard. Subject to correction. Use of Kubota brand lubricants and filters is always the preferred and safe choice.
UDT is still offered. Whether a particular dealer stocks it or not is a local decision.

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #8  
For a gear tractor, I wouldn't have a moment's hesitation running $40/pail universal tractor hydraulic fluid as opposed to the $100/pail sudt

To each his own. I wouldn’t waste SUDT on a gear drive tractor. But I’m not dumping $40 a pail oil in any tractor with wet brakes either.

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #9  
To each his own. I wouldn’t waste SUDT on a gear drive tractor. But I’m not dumping $40 a pail oil in any tractor with wet brakes either.

DITTO

/ kubota hrdraulic oil #10  
So if TSC charged $65 a pail it would be OK to put in a tractor with wet brakes....but not at $40 a pail. Interesting thought process.

TSC Travellers brand is made by Warren Distrubution Co which has been making high quality lubricants since the 1920's. It meets or exceeds virtually every major manufacturer specification.

But to each his own, if it makes one feel better paying for a "big" name, by all means go for it.

I am with LD1 on this one. Travellers UTF would be just fine in this application.