Front end loader hydralics slow after hose replacement

/ Front end loader hydralics slow after hose replacement
i was speaking of the four quick connects....
tractor will still be sealed... at valve.... as will FEL... just wondering if this would "prime" pump better.
i just dumped and added 10 gallons fluid

/ Front end loader hydralics slow after hose replacement #12  
How many hoses on loader valve, 6 or 7?

We need to establish if you have a power beyond port.

This will be especially important with the ordered new valve.

Likely you have swapped in and out lines to FEL valve.

Other possibility is pairs of hoses not connect to right ports; Pairs should be along length of valve body not across it.

Dave M7040

/ Front end loader hydralics slow after hose replacement #13  
No won't matter

3 Tubing connections to tractor from dual valve body
4 quick connects on loader...
in/out... arm
in/out... bucket

control handle works all hydraulics in correct direction....

/ Front end loader hydralics slow after hose replacement #16  
Lots of abuse here on my part, lets get that out of the way.

2002 new holland tc30 with 7308 quick disconnect drive away front end loader.

this is a 15+ year old machine, 1080 hours and I waited til hoses blew to replace.
Was experiencing some bleed off on loader... assume bypass in valve is bad.
blew a couple hoses, decided I would address valve... and hoses

Walked out of loader.. and removed control valve... new one is on its way.
Gonna be a minute... so I reattached all lines hose etc.
Drained case, put in new filter, new fluid, walked back under loader....
I have traced all hoses from connects to cylinders... 99% sure all are in correct position

Hydraulics are extremely slow to the point of not functioning....
Looking at "purging"... seem to hear pump "whining".... ALL four pairs of cylinders have same issue.
As I cycle through system... lift will be slow on raise... then after extension... quick... then slow again.

Did the valve just "fry" during this process? or is there a bleeding procedure.

One more FUN note... did not realize that Hurricane Harvey had gotten water in system...
Fluid was terrible...
Planning on new filter and new fluid AGAIN with new valve install.

I went back to your first post as I find there are often important details which people like me overlook.

Please bear with my questions.

You mention hoses blowing. i.e. more than 1. Did they both blow at the same time?

The bleed off as you describe it is likely in the cylinders and not the FEL valve.
3 Tubing connections to tractor from dual valve body
4 quick connects on loader...
in/out... arm
in/out... bucket

Could you please explain again what steps you did once the hose broke.

You remove the valve from the tractor. Did you just replace the two broken hoses while the FEL valve was off the tractor

If I understand your post, there are 7 ports on the FEL valve body.

Did you order the new valve with a power beyond feature?

Something simple has gone wrong in my opinion. The system will bleed out any air in seconds.

An IN line connect to a power beyond port will also render the system non functional.

Can you please explain what on your tractor is powered hydraulically.

Do you have power steering and if so does it have its own pump or is there just one pump serving the power steering, the FEL and the 3 pt hitch?

Dave M7040

1. leak off began on front bucket.
2. Lifting with arm... could get reverse flow... example... lifting... under pressure... move lever... would travel up or down.
... considered cylinders... saw/see no fluid on any cylinder rod
3. moment hoses blew... two at same time... was chained to truck and pulling up and down with bucket to get it unstuck
4. leaking fluid like mad... cylinders still operating... as I ran tractor to shop on other end of property
5. Used controls... leaking... to lift FEL off tractor.

6. Assuming valve failure... removed valve... three 5/8? tubing to tractor.
7. Discovered water in fluid.
8. carted valve around town... searching replacement... found one... but waiting for delivery
9. Needed tractor... reinstalled valve to close case...
10. drained trashed fluid... installed new filter... filled case with clean fluid.
11. walked tractor under FEL... connected hoses.

At this point.... rams had no power... would not even lift itself onto tractor.

cylinders have slowly come to raising and lowering arm.... doing pretty good.
bucket cylinders... not so good...
If i bounce the controls... i can get them to move on each pressure bounce.

told this was a "dual open valve"...

This is a 4 wheel drive, conventional clutch. three point, FEL and power steering from main casing... I really don't know if there are separate pumps for power steering, 3 point, and power steering. I ASSUME.. there is a pump for the FEL... as it is tubed into bottom of case and "sounds" like there is issue there at times.. cavation? overload? dry?

I **** well might have hoses crossed... hence the picture at female points on tractor. one is top row... one is bottom row.

or ... i bent the **** FEL its in a bind and the cylinders can't move it... but.. I do not believe this is the case (no creaking)

new valve is NOT in my hands... is from serial number on tractor at new holland dealer where I purchased tractor.

New valve is not in... couldn't tell you if pressure relief valve is in valve body... and if so... it were trashed.

uh... any of this help?

oh and YES.. i replaced two hoses.. while it was off tractor.
started up... and third was leaking
replaced third and blew fourth.
then attempted to load FEL

/ Front end loader hydralics slow after hose replacement #19  
1. leak off began on front bucket.
2. Lifting with arm... could get reverse flow... example... lifting... under pressure... move lever... would travel up or down.
3. moment hoses blew... two at same time... was chained to truck and pulling up and down with bucket to get it unstuck
4. leaking fluid like mad... cylinders still operating... as I ran tractor to shop on other end of property
5. Used controls... leaking... to lift FEL off tractor.

6. Assuming valve failure... removed valve... three 5/8? tubing to tractor.
7. Discovered water in fluid.
8. carted valve around town... searching replacement... found one... but waiting for delivery
9. Needed tractor... reinstalled valve to close case...
10. drained trashed fluid... installed new filter... filled case with clean fluid.
11. walked tractor under FEL... connected hoses.

At this point.... rams had no power... would not even lift itself onto tractor.

cylinders have slowly come to raising and lowering arm.... doing pretty good.
bucket cylinders... not so good...
If i bounce the controls... i can get them to move on each pressure bounce.

This is a 4 wheel drive, conventional clutch. three point, FEL and power steering from main casing... I really don't know if there are separate pumps for power steering, 3 point, and power steering. I ASSUME.. there is a pump for the FEL... as it is tubed into bottom of case and "sounds" like there is issue there at times.. cavation? overload? dry?

I **** well might have hoses crossed... hence the picture at female points on tractor. one is top row... one is bottom row.

or ... i bent the **** FEL its in a bind and the cylinders can't move it... but.. I do not believe this is the case (no creaking)

new valve is NOT in my hands... is from serial number on tractor at new holland dealer where I purchased tractor.

New valve is not in... couldn't tell you if pressure relief valve is in valve body... and if so... it were trashed.

uh... any of this help?

The leakage is often internal to the cylinder. Oil going around the outside seal on the piston inside the cylinder. Oil going around the connection between the push rod and the piston.

Does the 3 point hitch work properly now? With 7 hoses on the FEL valve, The FEL valve's power beyond port is likely supplying the 3 pt hitch so if the 3 pt is not working now and was previously, it is further evidence of a hose in the wrong place.

The FEL valve will have two spools and be of open center design. Some more elaborate tractors and construction equipment operate on a closed center system. With the open center system working properly, oil is flowing from the pump through the valve body and back to the transmission case or reservoir. Only when a lever of a control valve is operated is there any significant pressure in the output from the pump.
The sound from the area of the pump is likely because a pressure relief valve is having to open because the flow is being improperly restricted nor directed

The pump would have its own relief valve as would the FEL valve.

As I understand things, before the two hoses started to leak getting a truck unstuck, the FEL was working OK. It is sounding more and more like a hose tied into the three metal tubes are connected to the wrong place on the FEL valve.

Could you plse post some photos showing more of your FEL valve and the tractor and loader from several angles.

oh and YES.. i replaced two hoses.. while it was off tractor.
started up... and third was leaking
replaced third and blew fourth.
then attempted to load FEL

This blowing of hoses is really unusual when connecting the loader to the tractor.

Dave M7040

Thanks Dave,

I will get some photo's posted in the morning.

My main concern is my understanding of which end of the cylinder is return...
I am tracing the hoses, back through the tubing, to the quick connects.
there were little colored orings on the hose and connector to match up, those are gone... I didn't mark anything before disconnecting
trying to follow the pictures above... believe top two connectors are for arms... bottom two for bucket.
The 3 point has not been effected at all. nor the power steering.

I do agree... that losing hoses at this rate is WRONG.. however, calling them HYDRAULIC hoses is a huge compliment to them. This machine has been through two hurricanes, and sat out in the Texas sun for almost 10 years. Every time you strengthen one point, you are compounding force on another. Saw that coming day one... luckily the hose shop is a half mile down the road and cheap.

That valve is really toast... draining the fluid out .. (prob 50% water)... letting it sit, then reinstalling the valve, i believe has sent trash into valve. Worse than when all was in emulsion... fluid was out for two days.

I have had cylinders bleed off on backhoes, i don't understand how TWO cylinders could bleed off at the same time... just back-flow through common lines i assume. With problems with all four cylinders prior to this mess... i am pretty sure the valve is history.

just confirming I have hoses connected to correct quick connects would be a plus.
She was acting like i could use her to finish a quick project before the next rain... if I was an inventive operator.

True fix is to put on valve. Do need to be sure hoses are correct... forever