KL5510 Loader on a Kioti

/ KL5510 Loader on a Kioti #1  

Macawake

Tractor
Kioti
I have a new DK5510 Kioti with a KL5510 loader that was installed at the dealer. A couple of times the bolt that holds the "C.O. Line" (that is what the manual calls it) that is going into the bottom of the joystick assembly has backed out causing a leak. I have tightened it pretty snug both times and I am afraid of overtightening because there appears to be some o-rings on it I do not want to damage. Can anyone give me a idea of how tight I can go. 20180324_160252.jpg
20180324_160240.jpg

Last edited:
   / KL5510 Loader on a Kioti #2  
That not right... That should be a brass washer or a washer with a o ring made inside of it . I would go with a brass sealing washer.

/ KL5510 Loader on a Kioti #3  
Looks to be overtightened already from pic 1. Should likely be a crush washer type on what looks like a banjo type fitting to me, from what I can see in the pic. Is the fitting a bolt through with a tube attached to it, with hydraulic fluid inside the tube? If so, I'd check with your selling dealer and get them to send you the correct washer for that fitting. Caution: if you go to replace the washer make sure your bucket is completely at rest on the ground, tractor off, and move the joystick to all positions to relieve hydraulic pressure first. Hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate skin and cause need for amputation in worse case scenario.
Post back end result.

/ KL5510 Loader on a Kioti #4  
Looks to be overtightened already from pic 1. Should likely be a crush washer type on what looks like a banjo type fitting to me, from what I can see in the pic. Is the fitting a bolt through with a tube attached to it, with hydraulic fluid inside the tube? If so, I'd check with your selling dealer and get them to send you the correct washer for that fitting.

Look carefully at the washer that is on the outside of the fitting where the bolt head snugs up to it. That is what is needed where the now crushed O-ring is located. The dealer mechanic might have lost the washer that came with the loader and installed the O-ring to get the unit out the door. You could print out that pic, or send it to him so he knows what needs to be used and gets you the right one. They should have those washers in stock, but might have run out when your loader was being installed.

Caution: if you go to replace the washer make sure your bucket is completely at rest on the ground, tractor off, and move the joystick to all positions to relieve hydraulic pressure first. Hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate skin and cause need for amputation in worse case scenario.
Post back end result.

/ KL5510 Loader on a Kioti
Thanks, the dealer is right around the corner from my office, so I will swing by tomorrow. Scan.jpg
Here is the Assembly diagram, and the bolt that keeps getting loose is #16. The washers (#39) are described as "Seal Bond, 3/8"" part no 103E1-C0380. When I replace those, how tight should I crank down on that bolt to keep it from getting loose again?

/ KL5510 Loader on a Kioti
Looks to be overtightened already from pic 1. Should likely be a crush washer type on what looks like a banjo type fitting to me, from what I can see in the pic. Is the fitting a bolt through with a tube attached to it, with hydraulic fluid inside the tube? If so, I'd check with your selling dealer and get them to send you the correct washer for that fitting.

Look carefully at the washer that is on the outside of the fitting where the bolt head snugs up to it. That is what is needed where the now crushed O-ring is located. The dealer mechanic might have lost the washer that came with the loader and installed the O-ring to get the unit out the door. You could print out that pic, or send it to him so he knows what needs to be used and gets you the right one. They should have those washers in stock, but might have run out when your loader was being installed.

Caution: if you go to replace the washer make sure your bucket is completely at rest on the ground, tractor off, and move the joystick to all positions to relieve hydraulic pressure first. Hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate skin and cause need for amputation in worse case scenario.
Post back end result.

Thanks for the Help Coyote. I finally noticed on the parts diagram that my tractor isn't set up correct. Looks like there is a brass washer on the bottom instead of the seal as shown in the diagram. see my post below. Will swing by the dealer tomorrow.