Bad rumers

/ Bad rumers #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
A friend sent me a message saying that some people perhaps thought that I was in trouble or even dead.

I can postivily tell you that that I am alive and enjoying retirement. Here in Palm Coast FL.

My friend was in the hospital for a stomach infection which took months to cure and then rehab, so I am now a caretaker. Takes up a lot of time.

As far as hydraulics, I have been away from it for a while, and I am getting up in age and can,t remember things as well as I would like.

To those that would like me dead, sorry, I just aien稚 ready.

To those that liked what I tried to do, bless you, go and help others who are less knowledgeable.

JJ

/ Bad rumers #2  
J_J you helped me with some hydraulics and I am thankful. Great you ain't dead!

Good luck with your friend. It's hard to get old and have to use your dwindling time in eldercare. My poor mom wasted some years taking care of my dad, but there was no other way. But such is life, he's lucky you're his friend.

/ Bad rumers #3  
Glad to hear your doing well enjoy retirement you’ve earned it.

/ Bad rumers #4  
JJ
Today I gave some advice to the owner of a new Kubota M108

A few years ago, I would have had no idea of advice to offer when a problem like the one below came along.
With the great knowledge I gained with your your help, I felt comfortable giving the advice you will also see below. You deserve the credit for educating many of us.
Dave M7040

p.s. If my advice was all wet, please be kind :)

Re: Kubota M108 3PH priority

Quote Originally Posted by rolandjeff View Post
Hi,

We bought a kubota M108 last year to use as our main seeding tractor. We grow row crop vegetables and were looking for a small light tractor that could handle our seeder. The tractor is great and works well. The only issue we have run into is that our seeder uses a hydraulic motor to run the fan for the seeder. When we get to the end of the row and try to raise the 3PH, it will not lift until we disengage the hydraulic motor. Any tractor we have used before provides the 3PH with priority over the remotes. Is there anyway to change this somehow. We have talked with our local dealer and they tell us that there is nothing we can do. This is frustrating because it knocks all the seed off our discs at the end of the row.

Thanks for any help.

The flow divider is certainly an option. The challenge is getting to the lines to install the flow divider between the 3 pt hitch and existing rear remotes.

Your tractor has an open center hydraulic system so the first control valve closest to the pump output gets the flow ( which now is the rear remote feeding the motor) and other items downstream have to wait.

Unlike older tractors more, and more hydraulic valves are internal to the transmission so altering systems is challenging. I expect the rear remotes are fed internally in the same area of the transmission as is the 3 pt hitch.

My experience is the hydraulic flow on larger Kubota's goes to the steering, then FEL and next, using a power beyond feature of the FEL, to the rear of the tractor.

If there was a new priority flow divider on the power beyond outlet of the FEL, then part of the flow would constantly be going to the 3 pt and factory rear remotes and the other part of the flow divider could go to new quick couplers on the rear of the tractor which are just conveniently located but otherwise independent from the existing rear remotes. There would be a new control valve feeding the new rear remote pair so you can control the hydraulic motor.

If this explanation is not clear enough please ask some questions and I will expand my logic further.

Dave M7040

/ Bad rumers #5  
This is certainly one time it's nice to find that someone was wrong!!

/ Bad rumers #6  
JJ I did not hear any rumors but have noticed your absence. :mad:
Glad all is well and take care of your buddy, just "poke" in here now & then:thumbsup:

/ Bad rumers #7  
You and Mark Twain, eh?
Glad you are well. Enjoy the summer. :thumbsup:

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
Mark Twain

/ Bad rumers #9  
JJ:
Best of luck in all tour endeavers and thank you for all the advice you gave to these forums and glad your still with us and good luck to your friend