Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck #1  

Snowcatter

Tractor
JD 3720
I know this is a long shot but thought maybe someone on here knows something about Bucket lifts. I just picked this up at auction and know very little about it. It is a TL38P Telelect 2004 model. All functions work normal from the lower controls, but the valve that controls bucket leveling allows the bucket to lower normally but when I try to lift the bucket back up it is super sluggish and does not have enough power to lift it. From the lower controls it works fine. I took apart the FPS control valve at the bucket and found nothing wrong. The issue seems to be somewhere else in the system. I know this particular hydraulic control is complicated due to it keeping the bucket level automatically as the boom is raised and lowered. With this not working right it makes the lift unusable as it cannot push the bucket back level as the boom is lowered. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also am I correct that this uses ATF instead of hydraulic oil?

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck #2  
Do all of the other functions work properly from the upper control at the bucket?

The information I found on-line states that the upper valve is also full pressure and full flow. What I could not find is a hydraulic schematic so not sure how the two valve stacks tie together and operate

Possible the proportioning system to keep the bucket level not working could possibly be limiting lift force since it senses that it is out of position. Again not sure how this works without the schematic

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck
There are two different blocks that tie into that particular function located at the bucket...I follow the hoses from the upper valve to the leveling cylinder but they also route to the base somewhere. All other upper functions operate normally from the upper controls. I believe it must be something to do with the valve that controls the auto leveling, but have no idea how it works or where it's located. I wish I could locate literature on this thing.

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck #4  
Have you contacted Terrex?

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck #5  
Snowcatter,
Those valves could be several different things all related to the safe functioning of this lift. Like mossroad states I would suggest contacting a Terex distributor to see if you can get a service manual for your lift.

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck
Oldnslo, I have ordered the manuals for this from Terex, but they can take up to 7 weeks for them to compile because they build them specific to the serial number. The lift is basically unusable until this is resolved which is why I was hoping to figure it out sooner. I noticed that there is a small hydraulic cylinder mounted to the side of the main boom that is tied into that loop that tells the leveling cylinder what position to be in as the boom is raised and lowered. It works properly from the lower controls. I think I will need to trace the hose back from the upper valve and try and find where the blockage is.

/ Hydraulic issue on my Terex Hi-Ranger Bucket truck #7  
Snowcatter
I would suggest drawing a sketch of where the lines connect to the different valves and if possible locate any part numbers or model code of each valve. This might help you diagnose the problem

Sometimes a picture (diagram) is worth its weight in gold

Possible the small cylinder is a master- slave setup for the leveling system.

Good luck