Rear remote, to detent or not to detent?

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #1  

SirMaxwell

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT450 HST
Can you knowledgeable folks help me out here?

I am going to add rear remotes and my question is do I get them both the same, spring returns, or do I get one detent? I was going to get one detent just because, but it sounds like most people had them converted prior to delivery.

Model is Kioti Dk45SEH/DK50SEH (Actually Bobcat CT450 HST).

Thanks for any info..

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #2  
If it's not expensive to add detent or float, get them. You never know what you'll need.

So far I could have used float but not detent.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent?
ericm979,

Thanks for reply. I am not knowledgeable enough to be sure of which is which and why for either. Float I recall is a 'load sensing' valve, 'detent' locks the valve at the point of detent? Lets assume cost is secondary issue.

My purpose is to get it at least up to factory option ability so I can use a TT function now, and likely a verge mower in the near'ish future.

Thanks again. and please everyone straighten me out here...

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #4  
On most tractors the 3ph is always in float...but some like to float their hydraulic tilt cylinder for certain grading tasks..

Here is an example of the type of valve I use for two of my (3) rear remotes:
2 Spool 8 GPM Prince MB21GB5C1 DA Valve w/Float | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

I also have a detent for the spool that does not have float...the detent can be removed in a matter of minutes if not required... I move my detent to a sister single spool valve on the front to control a hydraulic winch when I'm not using my thumb grapple...

[Note] on the lower right of the linked page you will see the add on detent...an extra $32.00

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #5  
Sirmaxwell,
For clarity are the rear remotes going to be the "standard" 3 position valves used for operating double acting cylinders?

Or will they have the "Float" feature as the fourth position? If float I believe most if not all valves detent in this position.

"Standard" 3 position valves the detent allows you to move the lever into detent and keep a continuous supply of oil going to function like running a motor.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #6  
I would want at least one with a float position, it is very handy at times with two way cylinders and the best way to let a single action cylinder work.
Also I like at least one with detents, they work extremely well with hydraulic motors such as augers and pumps, also to supply another set of valves that may be on an implement
or 3pt log splitters.
I have 3 rear remotes and wish for 4 often, 3 for the back blade and one for the top link. I would like 3 with float and one with detents.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #7  
If I am adding more than one, first would be SCV, second would be float. If necessary, 3rd would be float.

If just adding one, it would be float.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #8  
Get float on at least 1 if not 2 if you are getting TnT. Float on the toplink is dam useful when mowing & doing other stuff. Handy on the sidelink occasionally too.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #9  
Are you going with Kioti / Bobcat parts are are you going with aftermarket? I ask because I think Kioti's standard set-up is 1 Float and 1 Detent and you're limited to 2 (at least it is on the CK series, DK might be different).

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent?
Are you going with Kioti / Bobcat parts are are you going with aftermarket? I ask because I think Kioti's standard set-up is 1 Float and 1 Detent and you're limited to 2 (at least it is on the CK series, DK might be different).

I'd like the valves/control handles to fit and work in the factory location. AT least to start. I really don't want to 'hang' some valves on my tractor, at least not just yet.

I'm still not clear on the terminology of Float, Detent, Spring Return, SCV, Single Acting, Double Acting, Open, Closed. :confused: