Rear remotes

/ Rear remotes #1  

dwalk19

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 LS XG3140H TLB
I'm looking at adding rear remotes to my new tractor 13gpm total
(8 hydraulics 5 steering), what's a good 2 spool valve with atleast 1 float valve, my main uses will be for top and tilt cylinders, also is there any advantage to using a joystick valve, they seem like they would be more compact than a 2 handle 2 spool valve, but I've never actually held one,

/ Rear remotes #2  
I’ve never used top and tilt with a joystick- sounds interesting. Prince makes good valves. I’d look at stackable valves if you (may) ever want to add on. Rippers etc

/ Rear remotes #3  
I'm looking at adding rear remotes to my new tractor 13gpm total
(8 hydraulics 5 steering), what's a good 2 spool valve with atleast 1 float valve, my main uses will be for top and tilt cylinders, also is there any advantage to using a joystick valve, they seem like they would be more compact than a 2 handle 2 spool valve, but I've never actually held one,

Depending upon the make and model of your tractor, unless you are doing some creative hydraulic circuits, your rear remotes will bolt unto the rear casting of the tractor so as to keep the 3 pt hitch and its draft or position controls working. The options you will have will be largely determined by the designers of your tractor.

Yes alternatives are possible but remember with hydraulics, there often is no 'Lets try it and see what happens."
Parts are destroyed in fractions of a second.

If you want to get creative and with the proper help, a multi spool valve can be added where a FEL valve would go. You can combine joystick and levers in the same multi spool arrangement. Power Beyond or High pressure Carry Over would be needed to keep the 3 pt hitch in operation

You should be only planning around the 8 gpm flow. Don't make the mistake of buying control valves with say a 25 gpm flow rating. Bigger is not better when it comes to control valves. You loose the fine motor skills movement of whatever the valve controls.

Dave M7040

/ Rear remotes #4  
I installed remotes for a loader on a JD 4020 closed system and Ford 3000 open system. In both instances I used Cross (brand) valves that I purchased from TSC with applicable adapters, hoses and all.

Ensure the valve you select is made for your type system...open or closed. Open, fluid runs through the system continuously and is diverted to the use point as required...normally blocking off anything down stream. Closed it's closed off till the pressure drops.....aka a valve is opening somewhere and needs some fluid. Closed can supply numerous connections simultaneously to the flow/pressure limit of the pump...........as I see it having had both.

/ Rear remotes #5  
PUT REARS ON MY KOBOTA.
SURPLUS CENTER.
GOOD PRICE, FAST SHIPPING, PRINCE VALVES, ALL FIXTURES.

/ Rear remotes #6  
Personally I would not want a joystick for operating top & tilt functions...it might be OK operating a rear blade or rake with an angle cylinder...

Prince or Cross make quality valves...to stay a little more on the economic side look at the Wolverine line from Prince...Surplus Center stocks them..."float" is available and they also have an add on detent for running wood splitters etc...

On a side note...you can make ordering hoses a simple task by using NPSM (swivel) fittings for port adapters etc...they are available in the same angle configurations as crimpable hose ends but are much less expensive...then just buy hoses with straight male pipe ends...they are compatible with the swivel fittings and make hose plumbing very simple...

Good Luck...

/ Rear remotes
Yeah I'm now leaning towards having the dealer install the 2 factory remotes on it, when i order the tractor, is there any place out there to buy a hydraulic side link, I know fite rite sells them but from what I've read he makes great products but is pretty backed up

/ Rear remotes #8  
I use Gearmore and have been very happy. I have their top and side link plus 3 valve controls.
I believe Gearmore is a regional distributor so it may have a different name in your neck of the woods.

/ Rear remotes
Ok thanks I'll Google gearmore and see what I can come up with