Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L3901

Default Re: 1st post: Hydraulic direction problem

The top cylinder does seem more prone to do this when I’m trying to retract the cylinder slowly when a load is trying to extend the cylinder. I haven’t used the tilt cylinder enough to discover a pattern.

Both cylinders and valves were installed by kubota new just for the tnt. No schematic.

Thanks for the help.

Tractor
    Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility

It is possible under some conditions for the load on a cylinder to over come the valve operation for a very short amount of time and fluid if the valve is being very slowly opened,
    and it is possible the return port is opening enough that the higher pressure is allowing more return flow then the operating pressure port is supplying this would allow the cylinder
    load to seem to be actuating the cylinder for a second till the desired actuation takes place.
    A slightly more robust valve operation when heavily loaded may fix the issue.
    Other wise the addition of load checks to the cylinder may be needed.
    Many less expensive valves do not have built in load checks.

Tractor
    Massey Feguson

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun M View Post
    I have a new kubota L3901, 50 hours so far, and I had the dealer put top and tilt on the rear. Sometimes when I press the hydraulic control lever for either cylinder it goes in the opposite direction than it should. The dealers mechanic said this is normal because valves leak inside if they*e not 吐ully engaged? Sometimes if I stop and restart the cylinder it will go the correct direction, other times the cylinder has to fully extend before it goes the correct direction. Along with being annoying, it could easily become a safety issue. Any ideas of what痴 going on?
    Hi Shaun

Can you take a couple of pictures of valves and hoses? Something is not right and the mechanics explanation doesn't really make sense. Valves should always work the same way every time! Unless mechanic worked on one armed bandits in Vegas?

Tractor
    Kubota L3901

LouNY, This seems to be what the mechanic was saying, minus your info about load checks. I’ll try to find out if my valve has them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12