New valve for loader on my Kubota L3710

/ New valve for loader on my Kubota L3710 #1  

mechenginpa

Tractor
Kubota L3710
Loader valve on my L3710 is not working properly. The spool on the curl function does not return to center so it inadvertently curls when you least expect it unless you hold the lever in the center constantly. I went to see my local Kubota dealer to see if it was something I could fix myself but they didn't seem to know what the problem could be and that I would have to bring it in so they could take a look. Well that sounds expensive and time consuming so I was wondering if I can just buy an aftermarket valve somewhere to replace it as that looks fairly basic?

Thanks

/ New valve for loader on my Kubota L3710 #2  
Sounds like the screw that holds the return spring on came loose. That's really easy to check, take off the bottom cap and you'll be looking at the spring. I'd put a bowl under it when you take it off in case the parts are loose and fall out. Here's a picture I just took for a different thread, but the valves look similar. My finger is pointing at the part you want to remove. Your loader valve will have at least two of these, depends how many functions you have. So trace the hoses back from the curl cylinder and that will tell you which cap to take off. That area of a tractor can get pretty congested, you might have to take the whole valve off the mounting bracket to get at the bottom. 20180529_201957.jpg

/ New valve for loader on my Kubota L3710
I will try that, thanks. The valve springs back to center when curling out(dumping) but not when curling in.

/ New valve for loader on my Kubota L3710 #4  
With a quick check it looks like they used 2 different valves. Here is a parts manual you can look at. It also looks like the spring come in a kit.

Attachments

• LA480.pdf
    360 KB · Views: 473
   / New valve for loader on my Kubota L3710 #5  
Many owners at this point in a loader problem get themselves into more trouble by not clearly marking hoses before they start taking things apart and then, when reassembling, get a hose in the wrong place and strange things start happening.

You need to determine if your FEL valve has 6 or 7 hoses before you buy a new valve. The 7th hose is a clear indication your existing valve has a power beyond function and a new valve will need to be ordered with that option.

Hopefully your repair will work out.

Dave M7040