Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #11  
Might have been a little cheaper mail order at a Rural King or something like that. Hydraulic hose and fittings can be surprisingly cheap because it's widely available and very price competitive. From a local dealer using US hose and assembled by shop employees and then marked up to retail pricing, it's a whole 'nuther matter. But, they will make the exact length for you while you wait.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple
That’s ok, it’s done and I’m glad I can stop reading about hydraulics, fittings, etc. I’m all about supporting local businesses but I’m also about feeding my 3 children. I understand the convenience and cost associated with having a line made while you wait but I’ve got 8+ weeks till my grapple even thinks about shipping.
As far as length I measured 236”, so 240 is close enough.

I can’t get over the number of fitting types and connector type and designs, I really am shocked their is not a standard.

I re-read my post, I want to make sure you know I wasn't trying to be rude in my reply.

I did upgrade to one of the more expensive hoses, rated for more than I need so that added to the cost. Then the fittings were mind boggling, JIC 37*, NPT, etc. I went NPT due to the fact EA said that's what they used and it worked and was cost effective. Heck I went by Deer and the guy kept telling me I needed the o-ring type???

Anyway we shall see how it goes.

Ordered my lines mid morning and recieved a shipping notification this evening, that’s pretty awesome.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #15  
You're fine. For most modern equipment, the standard tractor female end is the 1/2" hookup and probably 100% of the male tips needed are the standard 1/2". It really is very standardized but there other styles for loader connections, etc. It's all a learning curve and the only thing that matters is making the grapple work, telling us how wonderful it is and then posting pics in action. There is a grapple in my future as well and hooked up the same way you did yours. Congrats on making progress.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #16  
Ok so to update, I measured out to 240 as well so 20 each. I copied the connector pictures off EAç—´ site and ordered a set with the exact pioneer number (1/2 8010-4 male and 1/2 4050-4 female) for $22.00 plus shipping, to my door $31.11

I had read that some AG quick connects that were 5675 compliant would fit (and were a bit cheaper) but I wanted to be sure, the online photos looked slightly different.

I then contacted the local hydraulic shop and almost passed out with there $353.00 estimate. I understand after shopping around some fittings can be $50-60, but man I知 not made of money either.

So I started shopping on my own, watching videos, and EAç—´ comments.

I decided to source my stuff online with steel NPT fittings.
So I went to Discount Hydraulic hose

I ordered 20 hydraulax tough hose x2 with a MPX90-06-08 1/2 Male pipe swivel 90 on one end and MP-06-08W 1/2 male fitting on the implement end.

The implement end should be taken care of by the 2 pioneer fittings I ordered first that are direct part number matches from EA

Then I ordered 2 AG4F4 male quick connects for the tractor end (these are the ball style 5675 AG)
And for fun I ordered 2 602-08-08S male quick connects (these are the poppet style that are compatble with the 5675 AG).
I wanted to check out for myself the poppet vs ball debate for myself and at this point for $15.00 extra itç—´ worth it to me to find my own opinion.

So my grand total from Discount Hydraulic Hose shipped $182.45
My pioneers were $31.11 shipped for a total of $213.56

I値l keep about $140.00 in my pocket any day. Now for the million dollar question, Did I get it right???

I知 betting not a chance, lol.

I would have used JIC female swivels on the hose ends (Surplus Center hoses) , then adapt to the couplers, but that would have added cost. NPT is fine for one/couple time use (it can't be taken apart multiple times, threads deform to seal). If your couplers are female NPT, that means no adapters needed and will be less joints/cleaner install.

Parts guy at Deere recommended o-ring fittings since they are the latest/current fitting used and are trouble free.

I think you will be fine with the way you are doing it. Just use a paste or sealant NOT Teflon tape!!!!!

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #17  
Well not knowing the tractor it sounds about the right length. I just ran two lines on my Kubota 2850 to the front. I used stock hoses from tractor supply, the first set are 14' long then I put 4' pieces on them. You need a fair amount of slack for the bucket to be able to curl all the way down. The cylinder I used for my thumb is my top link and has about 18" of hose on it with the quick connects.
I went down under the axle, under the foot rest then up the loader pillar then along the loader arm to the center of the cross tube.
Don't forget you need some slack where the arm meets the pillar to allow for loader lift.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #18  
I used to go under the tractor as well, but why? I now go over the axle to the pivot point of the arms, then along the arms to the pivot point of the grapple. It is more forgiving on slack if you transition at the pivot points, but you'll still need some.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #19  
Good point that davedj1 makes. First time I did mine I guessed wrong by two feet. I just made a two ft extension piece and put it in the line. No problem.

I measured from the rear remotes (with old garden hose) down on top of the rear axle following the rear remote hard lines, to the valve, forward along the hard lines , on to the loader rear arm , it transitions up and has a large S that’s loose for slack and articulation (followed that), then down the arm to the loader torque tube.

Horrible long run on sentence, but pretty easy on this machine to follow the lines.