Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple
I also have a Deere, so I’m a bit limited with the John Deere Quick attatch Loader set up while the rest of the world uses SSQA. I figure I will never really put anything up front besides my grapple (forks or bucket), so once I set these fittings they will never need to change. That factor also led me to NPT. Now if I had SSQA up front I may have gone a different route so that if need be I could run adapters or swap out hydraulic quick connectors to run a different implement.
Just food for thought if you have a different set up.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #22  
I have a 5520 JD 89HP and got a skid steer adaptor that goes from JD Quick Tach to SSQA. That might be too much weight for you but you could get adaptors that would pin to your lift arm in place of the JD stuff and have SSQA for not much money. And when you sell the tractor either sell the adaptor for nearly what you paid or add to the price of the sale. Adaptors are in huge demand.

Mine is an HD one that I paid $750 for and have been offered more than that for it.

Yes sir, I’m aware of the adapters and they are nice. Issue is another added cost and the fact my tractor can only lift 2330 lbs to full height at the pin. That’s one of the reasons I went with EA’s grapple due to the weight. Oak gets heavy and I don’t have a big boy tractor like yourself so when loading my deck over I need to shave every pound off I can.
If I try to sell this tractor my wife will most certainly shoot me then burry with my own machine, LOL.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #24  
Yes sir, I知 aware of the adapters and they are nice. Issue is another added cost and the fact my tractor can only lift 2330 lbs to full height at the pin. That痴 one of the reasons I went with EA痴 grapple due to the weight. Oak gets heavy and I don稚 have a big boy tractor like yourself so when loading my deck over I need to shave every pound off I can.
If I try to sell this tractor my wife will most certainly shoot me then burry with my own machine, LOL.

I used to be in your shoes until the wife learned that owning machinery pays and doesn't cost. She couldn't believe we saved $25,000 on work around the place when we built a house. Then we did it a second time. And that's just with the small stuff. With the backhoe I planted many of her trees, etc. I've worked her huge gardens till the results are the talk of the town. Plus I did some outside work for cash. She was impressed. Especially since I made her a financial partner and she gets cash rewards. Then, when I sold the tractor for more than I paid, she was mine. Now she's on board and I rarely hear a peep. Plus, she knows where I am and where I'm not.

Imagine a wife's reluctance to help haul 25 cord of brush to burn or simply agree to a modestly priced grapple that will save her all that work? I've written lots on this topic and how to run the generally honest numbers to convince the wife. Machinery good; no machinery bad. It's a little sleight of hand but so are her 25 pairs of shoes in the closet.

I scored this tractor with 170 hours with a 6’ Frontier rake and a 6’ JD Cutter for $12.5K, so to say it was a great deal is an understatement. Since I’ve added a Chipper, ordered a grapple, and had to buy a longer trailer to haul it all. My great deal has well become a great expense.

But like you the wife gets a handout from my sidework so she’s OK with it.

Problem is if the tractors not working it’s sitting idle here at my postage stamp 1.33 acres. Haha.

So I got time to run the lines. I am a bit OCD and I have a bunch of nylon cable ties so I am sure I will adjust things as I use them and see how it works. Right now I have a long while before my grapple gets here so I have got time.

D425C2E1-AB1C-4DCE-959E-0EB7CA670DC9.jpeg029373D6-9484-4045-B323-D50FB2FCC649.jpeg5AFB4AB2-F104-4FF7-9762-1F5FC49CA60D.jpeg5159F380-74B0-472F-80C6-3EF7E1AEB7A3.jpeg7F0528B0-AAE9-4A1B-A2DB-4C4B9A7C7B2A.jpeg784CB88E-79D1-48DD-B328-A7CDCA28BF86.jpegC876D40F-5805-4B2B-9F2F-34D038F614C3.jpeg

I went with a bit longer line and it worked out, I have them run in a pretty good sized upward turn at the rear and this keeps them clear of my 3 point. In the one spot down low I am going to raise them up even with the hard lines. Besides a few small tweaks everything is getting there.

Now I am considering a manual diverter valve/block. I think I can fit it back where the rear quick connect is and run a hydraulic top link and the grapple with the flip of a switch.

I have no desire for an electronic diverter, I just spent a good while diagnosing an issue on my TLB110 and the front diverter. I am not a fan of electronics if I can avoid them.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #27  
Excellent pics and clean looking job. Thank you. Can't wait till the grapple gets in.

Thanks you Sir and I will definitely post some up when it gets here.

/ Routing John Deere SCV from rear to grapple #29  
Thinking about doing soething very similar. Are those 90 degree swivel fittings on the back? I would think a swept90 hose fitting going to the QD would be a better option.

Have you thought about tying into the valve that sends fluid to the rear directly?

They are swivel 90’s, it’s not a lot of flow on my little tractor so I’m not concerned.

Not sure on the second question. I wanted rear remotes for future possibilities, I only need the set to the front for a grapple so a manual diverter will handle both and is relatively inexpensive