Ford 1520 Hydraulic Fill Port

/ Ford 1520 Hydraulic Fill Port #1  

bforr

Tractor
Ford 1520 bought in 1984
I am having to change the what I believe is the hydraulic fluid filter on my mom's Ford 1520. It is the filter under the seat on the right side. We can't find the manual for it. Going to get one. But I have the filter and some fluid. I think the fill port is under the metal plate between my feet near the dip stick. I am hoping someone can tell me if that is right. This model has the petal on the right for forward and reverse.

/ Ford 1520 Hydraulic Fill Port #2  
You have found the dipstick. The fill port is a rubber plug at the rear of the tractor above and to the right of the top link mount.

/ Ford 1520 Hydraulic Fill Port
You have found the dipstick. The fill port is a rubber plug at the rear of the tractor above and to the right of the top link mount.

Thank you kindly for your help. I have been chasing this for weeks reading forums, looking at images and trying to find videos. I will probably be on this forum in the coming years as I maintain this tractor. It was my dads and he always took care of it. Can't let it deteriorate.

/ Ford 1520 Hydraulic Fill Port #4  
Get yourself an Owner's Manual, and a Shop Repair Manual as well. Available from many online sources and very helpful.
The I&T Repair manual covers the whole series, including the 1520, but is a little thin on details if you ask me.

Definitely take care of the tractor, these are really good machines and will give a lifetime of service if maintained. I've neglected my 1920 a little too long but it's still a workhorse. Keep it greased and follow the scheduled fluid and filter changes in the Owner's manual, and watch for leaks.

Lots of xx20-series expertise and discussions on these forums, especially in the New Holland forum, so do some searches and read a bunch of the older threads - you'll be amazed how much you can learn here.

/ Ford 1520 Hydraulic Fill Port
Get yourself an Owner's Manual, and a Shop Repair Manual as well. Available from many online sources and very helpful.
The I&T Repair manual covers the whole series, including the 1520, but is a little thin on details if you ask me.

Definitely take care of the tractor, these are really good machines and will give a lifetime of service if maintained. I've neglected my 1920 a little too long but it's still a workhorse. Keep it greased and follow the scheduled fluid and filter changes in the Owner's manual, and watch for leaks.

Lots of xx20-series expertise and discussions on these forums, especially in the New Holland forum, so do some searches and read a bunch of the older threads - you'll be amazed how much you can learn here.

I got a link to buy and download the operators manual and will do this week before I go to mom's. I go every weekend. I've been running the tractor since it was bought in '84. Had to get a Bush Hog finishing mower years back because the tractor place mom went to said they couldn't get a belt for the belly mower. I grease the fittings on a regular basis. The next thing is to get the blades off and sharped them. It has a few rusty parts (south Louisiana) that I try to keep at bay with rustoleum. Thanks for the reply.