Good import hydraulic hoses ?

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ? #1  

slowrev

Elite Member
Tractor
IH 2444
I am thinking going to be replacing the hoses on my commercial grade IH loader soon due to their getting hard from age ( over 20 yrs) ans the swivel fittings dripping.

Are any of the import hose assemblies any good ? If so where did you get them ?

Thanks for any input, just not sure if it is worth paying over 4 times the price for Gates hoses or not.

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ? #2  
Contact HydraulicHoseFittings.com they are advertisers here on TBN. They will custom make hoses with the length and ends you want. You can build the hoses on line and compare the prices. Shipping is quick and customer service is good. They will be a lot cheaper than going to your local hydraulic shop.

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ?
Thanks for the link Mad. They don't say what brand of hoses are used in their custom hose assembly section, just size and number of braids. Good prices but I suspect import hoses from the prices. They do advertise Dayton hoses in another section though.....

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ? #4  
I have one of their 2-wire hose assemblies at home. I will check on the brand tonite.

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ? #5  
The hose has no manufacturer or brand markings. It simply says:

Hydraulic Hose 3/8" SAE 100 RZAT 4000 PSI MAX WP 1Q2004

Simple and straightforward but impossible to tell if it is foreign made. You could always call HydraulicHoseFittings at 972-612-3622 and talk to Don Jones or email him at donjones@fittingsandadapters.com . His business card came with the hose.

BTW, the outer covering on the hose is not smooth except for the strip with the writing.

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ?
Thanks for the update Rat.

Ben

/ Good import hydraulic hoses ? #7  
There are many good MFG's out there. We have sold Parker hoses and fittings for 20 years and have never had a problem. The key to a good hose is a proper crimp of the hose end fitting securely onto the hose. All hose sold should have a working pressure stamped on it. It may be in BAR and not PSI. We live in a world market and most MFG's have both domestic and import hoses available to their dealers.