Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses?

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses? #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
I need two hydraulic extension hoses, each 12 foot long, with fittings (male on one end, female on the other).

What is a reasonable price for such? Are there sources for pre-made extension hoses in this type of length?

Thanks,

Tom

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses? #4  
Your local Tractor Supply Co. also sells hoses with ends already attached in various lengths.

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses? #5  
I have used HydraulicHoseFittings.com several times for hoses and fittings that my local hydraulic guy did not have in stock. Prices are usually cheaper than I can get locally. Quality is excellent and shipping is prompt. Stuff comes from Texas and Atlanta so shipping is usually a couple of days.

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses? #6  
Check with a local auto supply/parts shop. The one by me makes hydraulic hoses to order in an hour.

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses?
Thanks for all the good info and references!

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses? #9  
I didn't see anything on Discount Hoses web page about assembly of hoses. I emailed them and they said they would assemble your choice of hose/fittings for $4.00 per hose. Seemed like a pretty good deal. There is even a volume discount.

/ Reasonable price for hydraulic extension hoses? #10  
Our local NAPA dealer sells hydraulic hose by the foot and an average price for the ends are less than 5 bucks each pressed on the hoses. I took two top cylinder hydraulic hoses to be shortened yesterday since the originals came to me way too long at 60 inches in length, and my bill was less than 10 bucks for both hoses. It saved me 2 hours running to my dealer to get it done.

I would think most NAPA stores might offer this service.