hydraulic Cylinder to replace three point linkage

/ hydraulic Cylinder to replace three point linkage #1  

aylesworth

Tractor
John Deere 4110
I installed a power beyond and want to use it to tilt my blade and box scraper. Where do I find one for a JD 4110.

/ hydraulic Cylinder to replace three point linkage
Thanks Kenny, is the check valve important? How do I know what lenght I need? Do you have something with a hydraulic top link on it?

/ hydraulic Cylinder to replace three point linkage #4  
Suggest you do a search on "top-n-tilt" or similar on these forums. The subject has been discussed many times.

/ hydraulic Cylinder to replace three point linkage #5  
Bill …
Years ago I had a hydraulic top link on a rear mounted land plane (grader)… on that it was very handy, I have also used it with a box blade.

I didn’t have the check valve system just hydraulic cylinders. The checks may be important for your application. I was watching closely and with constant change in top length and lift, I didn’t really miss them.

Like Glenn suggested you will find lots of opinions about type, length if you search, TNT or top n tilt, Henro is building a trick set … he has had hydraulic hose supplier problems. I myself would guess you would want to be about mid stroke to equal the factory settings. This would allow you to go longer or shorter /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif while using your 3pt. KennyV.

/ hydraulic Cylinder to replace three point linkage #6  
As far as length goes, take your current top link and screw it all the way in, measure the distance from the center of the pins, screw it all the way out and do the same. That will give you an idea of the length you need.

The check valve helps prevent drift of the cylinder to keep it a constant length while working. Some without a check valve will also stay constant, depends on the tolerances on the internals of the valve you are using.

Mark Carter is currently out of top links (18-26 inches) as I spoke to him last week about buying one. He is expecting a shipment of them anytime.