Hydraulic thread sealant opinions?

/ Hydraulic thread sealant opinions? #31  
I'm sure no matter what is used to seal threads on anything the trick is to keep it out of the fluid flow. For general information my new Kubota came with teflon tape in the warranty packet.

/ Hydraulic thread sealant opinions? #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Never use teflon tape </font> )</font>

Thats like fly poop in the pepper.

Get some LOCTITE

/ Hydraulic thread sealant opinions?
After reading the posts here, and some Loctite and Permatex app notes and things, I found some NAPA - Permatex Thread Sealant with Teflon at the NAPA store. A white paste in a 4oz plastic bottle with a brush.

Consensus seems to be to brush a good smear into the male threads only, keeping the first thread bare so that the leading edge cannot squeeze any into the bore of the fitting.

I put together a dozen or so 1/4" NPT hydraulic fittings with this and tested the whole thing to about 3000 psi with no leaks.

Made up a peak-pressure holding gauge assembly that I can put into my quick disconnects to measure and hold peak pressure on the gauge. Worked great! Gauge, check valve to hold the peak, needle valve to bleed the peak off, quick disconnects, various tees and tubing. I'll try to put up a picture, but the file size limits are a hassle. It's a bit bulky, but a useful tool.

Thanks for all the input.

/ Hydraulic thread sealant opinions? #34  
I've been using teflon tape for years on hydraulics with no problems. The maintanence dept. where I use to work for 20 years also used teflon tape exclusively on hydraulics.

/ Hydraulic thread sealant opinions? #35  
I'm sure no matter what is used to seal threads on anything the trick is to keep it out of the fluid flow. For general information my new Kubota came with teflon tape in the warranty packet.
Really old post, but one recommendation for hydraulic thread sealant from a reliable source is Loctite 567 Thread Sealant. Purchased a tube from Amazon, but haven't had the opportunity to test it. I believe Amazon had the product in the tube version for around $8.00. A larger container/brush on was in the $40.00 range.