How do you adjust a hydraulic valve?

/ How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I was doing some checking today on my Kubota BX22 hydraulic system pressures. I found that the main pressure in the system was about 2300 PSI, however the auxiliary valve on the tractor was set to only 1500 PSI. I would like to know how to adjust this valve so it gets full pressure going to the cylinder. I was told that it is a closed center valve and that the reliefs were set too low. Here is a picture of the valve when I was first installing it. There appears to be a jam nut and screw that takes a Alan wrench at the top right corner of the valve. Is this the adjustment or is it the bottom part with the cover on it?????? ... thanks ...... the original Junkman

Attachments

• 587733-Quick disconnect system (450 x 600).jpg
    587733-Quick disconnect system (450 x 600).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,243
   / How do you adjust a hydraulic valve?
This is how the valve is plumbed into the system. I disconnect the hoses going to the loader valve and put these in between the loader hoses....

Attachments

• 587735-MVC-013S.jpg
    587735-MVC-013S.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 955
   / How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #3  
Junkman,

You have correctly identified the adjustment for setting pressure relief.

JackIL

/ How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #4  
Junk watch your pressure valve as you make your adjustments and go in small increments until you reach your goal.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Junk watch your pressure ........................ )</font>

My pressure goes up every time that I see you make a post to anything that I post!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My pressure goes up every time that I see you make a post to anything that I post!!!!!!!!!! )</font>

Well that was an easy fix then. I think you may owe Mike lunch

/ How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #7  
<font color="blue"> I disconnect the hoses going to the loader valve and put these in between the loader hoses....
</font>

Junkman,

I am a bit puzzled by that hookup because aside from operating cylinders in parallel, it seems to be a rule of thumb that TEEs are not used in open center hydraulic systems like most compact tractors have.

The loader valve has IN, Powerbeyond, and Return-To-Tank hoses. Which did you tie into? What are you expecting to happen when you operate the new valve? I assume one of the lines you are tied into is the incoming line to the loader valve.

I guess I am /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif by what I see and this inquiring mind wants to know more... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #8  
Henro,

In the original post Junkman said he was using a closed center valve. Since fluid does not flow thru the valve when the spool is in neutral, a closed center valve will work in this application when teed into the loader lines. I am assuming he connected into the return to tank line and either one of the other pressure lines.

I don't know how it works, but I do know that it does work well, except for the pressure situation that I will remedy this weekend. The valve is a closed center valve and it hooks into the two lines that feed the loader valve. I am presently using this valve for the rotator on my snowblower and when the snowblower comes off it will be used for the grapple again. Possibly MadReferee can explain it because he understands hydraulics better than most and can communicate how they work in language that most of us here can understand. Possibly we should change his title to "TBN's Professor of Hydraulics". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You answered as I was posting...... thanks.. Prof.....

/ How do you adjust a hydraulic valve? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Possibly MadReferee can explain it because he understands hydraulics better than most and can communicate how they work in language that most of us here can understand. Possibly we should change his title to "TBN's Professor of Hydraulics". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Please don't put me up on such an esteemed pedestal. I am by no means a hydraulic expert. It is just easier for me to grasp and retain understanding of technical theory and issues, probably more so that most people. Also having a degree in engineering, albeit electrical, is a little help too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif