Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade
Bill,

Thanks for the info and pics, looks great and I'm sure it works even better (and let's you stay warm in the cab /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)!

I assume you welded the tabs on for attaching the cylinder? I bought a small Mig welder recently and just had a rear remote added by my NH dealer, so....I'm looking to get some use out of my new equipment (toys).

I figured adding the cylinder was something that had been done already by someone (several folks) here.

Thanks again!

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade
Chris - Thanks for the thread. He got a little more elaborate in his customization. Also I notice in these posts that they use some good quality heavy blades. I'm kind of wondering about the durability of my Howse blade. One way to find out!

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #13  
Nice job Bill, I just got the same Woods rear blade. Was thinking of making it hydraulically adjsutable. You've done all the work for me. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #14  
Not saying that it should be plumbed with black fittings, but I have been around equipment for about 35 years and have seen very many black Ls used. I have never seen one fail.

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #15  
Added hyd. angle to my Bush Hog blade and included the bracket for tilt also. Have not needed to finish the tilt installation yet because so far the TNT combo has been enough. The angle range is more than needed and if the cylinder is removed I can still swing the blade around backwards and manually angle. This blade also has off set available.

Attachments

• 603259-gb 3.jpg
    603259-gb 3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 486
   / Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #16  
Picture showing angled to one side, the angle cylinder is connected thru a cushion valve to protect the blade if something unmovable is hit with the blade.

Attachments

• 603264-gb 4.jpg
    603264-gb 4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 454
   / Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #17  
Also added an angle cylinder to the York Rake. I can get better pictures of the mounts if wanted.

Attachments

• 603267-yr 1.jpg
    603267-yr 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 413
   / Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #18  
JD,
Yes, all the brackets and cylinder mounts are welded. This will be a great project for your mig. Please post photos when your finished. As far as your blade being worthy of hydraulic angle, the Woods RB84 blade that I have is only considered a standard duty blade. It has a 1/4" moldboard and a 1/2" reversible cutting edge. I have had no problems at all /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Bill

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #19  
JerryG,
I echo your thoughts. In fact, the cylinder that I spoke about in my post actually came from a MF dealer about 4 miles from my home. He was the one that said it was ok to use black fittings but not galvanized because the galvanized fittings had a tendency to flake when using them in hydraulic systems. But I still say to use the fittings that are recommended for hydraulic applications.

Bill

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #20  
Jerry between you and I, we have never seen a black ell fail in service either. But they were not intended for hydraulic pressure either.

I have used one or two myself until I could replace them with the proper fittings. And no I am not the hydraulic police.