Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #1  

jd2210va

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC29D
Has anyone added a cylinder to a standard rear blade (customized) so that the blade can be angled hydraulically from the tractor rear remote?

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #2  
JD,
I put a cylinder on my Woods RB84. When you have a cab tractor, why get out into the cold to angle that blade /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I will post a photo tomorrow night.

Bill

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #3  
I want to. It's on my list. Seems like it ought to be pretty simple. Seems like you would also need tilt.

I haven't performed a search, but I bet someone has done it.

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #5  
JD,
Here's a photo of my cylinder setup.

Attachments

• 602875-rear blade1.JPG
    602875-rear blade1.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 908
   / Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #6  
Here's one more

Attachments

• 602876-rear blade2.JPG
    602876-rear blade2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 879
   / Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #7  
JD,
My setup allows the blade to be angled to within about an inch of the original manual blade holes. More than enough angle. I used a 2 x 8 hydraulic cylinder. I was not concerned about reversing my blade and pushing backwards. I pull all my snow and gravel towards the tractor.

Bill

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #8  
Great idea and nice work on the hydraulic angle adjuster thinga mabob. I think I will have to copy your work. This also makes me think about using a hydraulic motor for 360 degree rotation.

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #9  
Bill the hydraulic police are on to you now. Did I see common black pipe fittings (90 degree ells) subject to brute hydraulic force? If so a definite no-no in the hydraulic world. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice set up with the cylinder, gives me a few ideas myself. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hydraulic Angle Rear Blade #10  
PR,
Guilty as charged /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. FYI, two days ago I ordered the proper fittings from the surplus center and they should be here in a few days. Please, anyone out there thinking about doing a hydraulic project, use the correct hydraulic fittings. Spraying hydraulic oil IS very dangerous. Just to give you alittle background on my cylinder, it's 12 yrs. old and has been on 3 different pieces on machinery with those same black pipe fittings. It was one of those things that I used those fittings to test the unit and never got around to replacing them with the proper fittings. Everyone who is guilty of the above, please stand up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill