hydraulic hoses help

/ hydraulic hoses help #1  

bluetc30

Bronze Member
Tractor
nh tc 30
i have a nh tc30 97 hours loader backhoe is it common to blow hoses since i have owned it power steering line broke main pressure line blew last week for the second time. when i run the hoe or the loader i smell hydraulic oil but dont wher it is coming from and when i check the oil it doest even register on the stick and it usually down at least a gallon havent been able to find a drip on the ground parked tractor on a clean piece of cardboard and still nothing. had the oil cooler mods done on it not that. i am baffled and so is the dealer any input

/ hydraulic hoses help #2  
You really shouldn't be blowing hoses on a regular basis. Have the dealer check the system relief and the individual spool valve reliefs to make sure they are set correctly. Make sure your new replacement hoses are at least 4000 psi 2-wire hoses.

Fluid level in the tank will depend on many things, first and foremost the current position of the cylinders. With all cylinders retracted the tank will be at its fullest since they hold less fluid retracted than extended. If you have to continuously add fluid than you have a leak somewhere, either internally or externally.

/ hydraulic hoses help #3  
check your engine oil. If your hydraulic pump shaft seal is leaking it will allow the hydraulic fluid into the engine oil sump. this is not a good thing for your engine.

Ben