Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ?

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
My NH loader came equipped with 45 degree hose ends that are then connected to the quick connects. This assembly then plugs into the selective control valve. On a TC30 this is not the optimal configuration as it restricts how you can attach the hoses to the valve. The dealer told me that this is because all the loaders come with the same ends regardless of tractor model application.
Right now, I have the loader off the tractor while I'm using my new snow blade. This would be a great time for me to unload the cylinders, block up the loader, remove the hoses, and take them to the shop to be refitted with straight fittings.
Here's the trouble, the shop I usually use near work, has a policy of not working on 'used' hose assemblies. You can only have new ones made. You cannot even bring your old ones in the building.
I have'nt checked anywhere else yet. Am I likely to find the same policy at other shops ? Can they safely cut off my old ends and replace them with new ones if I drain the hoses ?

Note: I know my hoses will be 3 to 5 inches shorter, but that is ok. The new hose ends will add so much more flexibility that I won't need as much length.

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #2  
<font color="blue">You cannot even bring your old ones in the building. </font>
The very first thing that I would do is to find another shop. Then have them cut the old ends off and have them replaced.

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #3  
NAPA! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Betcha they would fix up your current hoses. If not, call another one!

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #4  
Hey, while I am thinking about it, I always thought that the downward angle was to keep from putting too much bending stress on the piece of hose that was directly attached to the coupler....

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey, while I am thinking about it, I always thought that the downward angle was to keep from putting too much bending stress on the piece of hose that was directly attached to the coupler.... )</font>

I'm sure that's true in many cases, but in my case, the angle actually creates a lot of stress. Removing the angle will allow a smoother connection, especially when detaching the loader and backing away from it before the hoses are disconnected.

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ?
Here is a pic of the loader hoses connected with the angles pointing up. I usually put them on with the angle pointing down. It creates less stress that way, but still does not work very well.

Attachments

• 831914-DCP_0569.small.jpg
    831914-DCP_0569.small.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 386
   / Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #7  
Or, if nobody will do it, add apprpriate 45 fittings (inverted) and it'll give you straight runs. The less fittings, the better though. Somebody isn't too concerned with having you as a customer.

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #8  
My neighbor has a TC30 that has them pointed down, with a bungee cord to keep the lines off of the front tire. Pretty neat to watch him back out from under the loader to take it off.

ps... next time we will remove the bungee _before_ he backs out from under it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #9  
Some New Holland dealers have the ability to put new ends on your existing hydraulic hoses. The dealer that sold me our rig shortened a pair for me, although he grumbled a bit that they weren't drained before I took them in to him.

/ Can I replace hydraulic hose ends ? #10  
hoses can be shortened the dealer I work for does it all the time only exception if they are the plastic hose no one seems to want to supply replacement ends for them. also most of the time the rubber hose is cheeper