Hydraulic Quick Connect

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect #1  

smittys6

Tractor
TC35A & 2360 Long
This is my first post, but I have read and followed all the TBNers posts with interest and awe at the wealth of knowledge that is and has helped us all. Thanks to all. My problem is this, I was clearing a trail this weekend and had a limb knock loose one of the hoses to my fel, the green one that lifts and lowers it. I tried to put it back into the quick connect but the pressure is too great for me and in an awkward place to reach with any ease. Would I be O.K. or correct in unhooking the other side and would this relieve the pressure so that I could hook them both back up? The fel is still in a raised position. Everything else works fine. It is a 16LA FEL and TC35A tractor. 32 hours on tractor so far.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect #2  
You will probably need to get the FEL lowered to relieve pressure. Be very careful. You can do this by unthreading the hose that is connected to Quick Connect that came loose. <font color="red"><font color="red"> Another warning!!! Loader will lower when you loosen the threaded connection. Oil is also under pressure and could spray all over the place.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect #3  
smittys6,

I had a similar problem this weekend. I had taken off my 4n1 bucket which has quick connects. When I tried to put it back on this weekend it was a no go. There was too much pressure on the bucket side and there was no way to push the connectors togather. I loosened a nut on the bucket until oil flowed but that still did not work. I ended up taking a set of pliers and on the male disconnect I was able to move the ball joint so that the pressure was released. Wear eye protection, keep your hands, face, body parts out of the way. Oil is going to squirt. This was the only way I could get the connection established.

Later,
Dan

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect #4  
As everyone says, be careful. Only a little ball on the end of the quick disconnect is holding your loader up, you don't want a hand or arm or body under any moving parts of the loader.

If your loader is waist high or so, you can jack it up a bit, to relieve the pressure on that hose. If the loader is real high, drive up to a tree or something & take the weight off the loader. Easier than messing with loosening a connection.

But, be careful whatever you do, oil under pressure, a loader up in the air.......

--->Paul

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect
Sounds like a plan, thanks for the response and I will give it a try as soon as I can. Work keeps me fairly busy except for the weekends so I won't be able to try till then. I will let ya'll know how it works out. Thanks again.