Hydraulic cylinder rebuild

/ Hydraulic cylinder rebuild #11  
Glad I could help /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hydraulic cylinder rebuild #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes Rob, you are correct, but this is not a regular snap ring. It is not flat, but round, and there are no holes to grab, and this ring would have to be compressed, not expanded to allow dis-assembly of the cylinder. There is no room for tools in there, I even tried some aluminum sheet that I had to wedge in there to get the ring to slide past the groove, but it was a futile effort at best!
The plastic tool/ring they give you in the kit is the trick, and each kit was only about $15.00 or so and included all the O-rings and seals. )</font>

Mine were as you described. Maybe the Jd 350 crawlers I worked on allow more room. The sharp point of the pick works between the casting and ring, compress it in to get the second pick in there. Usually best to start near the open part of the ring(do they still make those the same? ) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe a 30 year old crawler is easier/harder to work on. No special tool in the JD kit. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll have to check those out.