Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump?

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump? #1  

tnau664

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 231S
My log splitter has a Cessna pump. Does anyone have any information on them? I tried web searches, but not able to get any specs. I can't find the model number on it. What gpm are these pumps?

Thanks for looking
Tnau

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump? #3  
tnau664 said:
My log splitter has a Cessna pump. Does anyone have any information on them? I tried web searches, but not able to get any specs. I can't find the model number on it. What gpm are these pumps?

Thanks for looking
Tnau

My suspicions are that the pump was produced by the Fluid Power Division of Cessna Aircraft Company back when Cessna was an independent entity. During the various corporate takeovers, first by General Dynamics and most recently by Textron, the Fluid Power Division (located in Hutchinson, KS) was sold and is now a part of Eaton Corporation. A Google search for Eaton and Hutchinson should point you in the right direction.

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump? #4  
My 1964 Minneapolis Moline had a Cessna pump on it, and when I tried to get parts from Eaton, they had nothing but gaskets available. When the gaskets arrived, they also were wrong. It will probably be less expensive to replace the pump completely, if it is a stand alone unit and not part of a complete assembly.
Dusty

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump?
Thanks for the replies. I went back to look for a part number, but still can't find one. Has anyone used one of the Barnes pumps from Northern Tools?

Merry Christmas from Piedmont, Alabama
Terry Naugher

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump? #7  
tnau664 said:

Thanks for looking
Tnau
What brand splitter is it? May be better off going with a newer pump that parts are available for.

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump? #8  
tnau664 said:
Thanks for the replies. I went back to look for a part number, but still can't find one. Has anyone used one of the Barnes pumps from Northern Tools?

Merry Christmas from Piedmont, Alabama
Terry Naugher
i HAVE A HOMEMADE SPLITTER WITH A BARNES TWO STAGE FROM NORTHERN. I can split about anything that will fit on the splitter with only a 5 hp briggs.You cant go wrong here in my book.
ALAN

/ Anyone have a Cessna Hydraulic pump?
BTDT said:
What brand splitter is it? May be better off going with a newer pump that parts are available for.

This is a home made splitter. I added my tiller motor to it and bought the connector for the pump to motor. Only expense so far.

I've really been looking a the NT pumps and controls. Might talk dear one into letting me use some of her tax refund. (If I only got one)

Thanks for looking guys