Hydraulic Coupler and fitting question

/ Hydraulic Coupler and fitting question #1  

Mike_VT

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4740 HSTC
Just purchased a grapple that has 1/2 #8 fittings on the hoses. I plan on using the rear remotes on the tractor to run the grapple claw. The female quick couplers on the tractor remotes are pioneer 4050 3p (3/8 poppet style) So I plan to run hoses from the rear to the front. The trick is when I get to the front. Does anyone know if you can you mate a 4050 3p (3/8) female to the 4050 4P (1/2) male. I was told that the actual coupler i.d and the nipple i.d. were the same size??? My goal would be to have all the stuff consistant Any advice would be great. Mike

/ Hydraulic Coupler and fitting question #2  
The 4050 4P and the 4050 3P are definitely different sizes, and can't be mated. You'll have to put 1/2" couplings at the "front" ends of the hoses to mate with the couplers on the grapple.

Alternatively, you could replace the couplings on the grapple with 3/8 QDs; I doubt that the cylinders on your grapple require the higher capacity of 1/2" fittings. I have a WR Long grapple on my JD4520, the JD plumbing down the loader arms has 1/4" 4050 2P (1/4"), and it is plenty quick when opening and closing.

Tom.

/ Hydraulic Coupler and fitting question
Thanks. appreciate the help. Did some research and will be untilizing an adapter: 1/2 femal npt to 3/8 male npt to the 3/8 qucik attach. I will be buying from discount hydraulic hose it seem they have the best prices and is far less expensive than the local dealer. Mike