3 point hitch stuck in UP position

/ 3 point hitch stuck in UP position #1  

cherrypicker22

Tractor
Iseki TS 1910 F
Iseki TS 1910F (4WD)
I removed bushog from tractor, I wanted to put on my scrape blade. Changed the engine oil. I went to put on the blade, and the 3pt was stuck in UP position. I turned the star wheel by the seat both directions, no luck (by the way, I was pushing down on the hitch, as I was trying to lower it). Any suggestions here?
PS......I was turning the speed adjustment wheel, both ways to see which way I needed to go to speed/slow the device........I heard a slight "pop", if this helps.
I read this forum daily, and it has been really helpfull.....I figgered I'd ask the experts here first.

Last edited:
   / 3 point hitch stuck in UP position #2  
was your engine running? That model requires the engine to run for the 3 point to move up and down.

Buck

/ 3 point hitch stuck in UP position
OK, here's what happened. Yesterday, I guess I had turned the 3pt speed adjustment wheel too far out. It would not turn back in at all. I figgered I would sleep on it for the night (several prayers, too). It's like a valve or a rod had popped up and was preventing me from turning the wheel in any farther. Overnight whatever kept the wheel from turning in, had relaxed, and today the wheel turns in fine, and my 3pt is working fine!

/ 3 point hitch stuck in UP position #5  
Glad you fixed it, just remember not to turn it so far next time or you might not be so lucky :)

/ 3 point hitch stuck in UP position #6  
I was'nt so luckey. It's stuck up, and froze in the clockwise position. In this position the floating piston in the chamber is in the closed position and won't allow the fluid to circulate. I broke off the turn handle with a pipe wrench than drilled a hole put a nut on it drilled through it and place a key and tried turning it out. Broke what was left of the shaft off. Well I'm six bolts away from solving my problem hopefully. (cover) If not the local dealer gave me the worse case and maybe a o ring. You don't want to know. Anyone had the cover off. I can adjust the lift to work slow or fast from the inside. I hope. Anyone....anyone.