Oil & Fuel injector pump oil change, clutch free play

/ injector pump oil change, clutch free play #1  

case685

Silver Member
Hi People Been going over my newly purchased TL2900. Many questions coming to mind. On the filter question I already asked I've decided to just pull the filters and take them to the Kubota/ Case-IH dealership I deal with and see if they can match them up. I know I'll get the "look" when I answer the question " what are they off of" but I do give them a fair amount of business and its not a grey Kubota.
The 2 questions I was hoping to get answered are these: can anyone give me a rundown on changing the oil on the injector pump. It is a Diesel Kiki and the engine is 4FA1- 1487L. The plate on the injector pump states that the oil must be changed if the tractor has sat for a long period. Also has 200hr and 185cc stamped in the corner of the plate. I cant see any fill/ drain plugs on the pump but it does have a side plate and a bottom plate on it. Was wondering if these would be where you drain and fill. Also how much oil do I put in. The other ? is about clutch freeplay. Currently the pedal has none which I'm assuming I need to correct. Is one inch of play the right amount to adjust it to. Thanks in advance. Gerry

/ injector pump oil change, clutch free play #2  
My TL3200 has a 4FA1 engine in it. This is about the same tractor as a white feild boss 2-32. I go to an agco dealer and tell them I have a FB 2-32 and the filters work. so far the only parts that dont work is the hydro pump drive. The Pto will have diferent parts in it. I like mine.---Larry

/ injector pump oil change, clutch free play #3  
I changed my injector pump oil last fall. I think I drained the oil from a small bolt with a 10MM head at the bottom of the side about 3/4 the way back. My bolt also has a philips screw driver slot in it. I filled mine from the breather on top of the pump which is above the drain bolt........Larry

/ injector pump oil change, clutch free play #4  
Also on my Kiki pump, different model, there is an identical screw above the low drain point that is the high level point. I fill thru the breather on top until it starts coming out the upper level screw hole. May be different than yours though.

Bill

/ injector pump oil change, clutch free play
Hi Mopacman and Larso1
Thanks guys. I'll let you know how I make out with the filters. I was thinking/hoping that my TL2900 would cross over pretty close to a FB31.

/ injector pump oil change, clutch free play
Hi Just updating. I took in my Iseki oil filter to Napa. They crossed it over to a 1324 but were out of stock which was good because they put me onto a guy who buys up old stock from dealerships. He crossed the 1324 to Farm Fleet LF3369 which fits and is taller than the 1324. The hydraulic filter turned out to be the washable type which suprised me as it looks like a spin -on. The air filter crossed over to a Napa Gold 2276-051807G3. The fuel filter I replaced with a Kubota brand washable type #15831-43380.
Changing the oil in the injector pump was easy once I was shown the way and the clutch freeplay issue turned out to be a bent rod. Once straightened, it gave me about an inch of freeplay. I was suprised at how much pumping and cranking it took to bleed the air out of the fuel system. I started to think something was wrong but finally it cleared. Runs perfect now. So far I have put 2hrs on it tilling with a 6' tiller. At times I had the tiller buried with the pto in 2nd. The tractor didn't seem to notice so I think it should turn out to be a good machine. Gerry