ISEKI TA247

/ ISEKI TA247 #1  

dragstripper1

Hi, just an old country farm boy that grew up with John Deeres. Looking at a 1995 TA247 at 30 HP with 1004 hours. Will this pull a two bottom 3 PT 2-14 plow ok. Will a loader fit this tractor? I have read the forums through last 30 pages and seems loader issue is good-bad, mainly bad. Would not be anything heavy but after two back surgeries, need a loader. ISEKI owners seem like JD owners, very dedicated. I am concerned about durablility as I am looking at a tractor that will last about 15 years when I probably will not be able to do anything anymore. Appreciate all the expertise out there, this forum has provided me allot of info though in one area, it was interesting to find out JD now, all parts are made overseas and assembled in Georgia.

Thanks for the help.

/ ISEKI TA247 #2  
Hi You don't need to worry about quality with Iseki's. They are very good tractors. If the TA247 your looking at is in original condition (not re-painted) and looks good and the hours showing are right, it should last for many years if cared for.
You may already know this but this is a grey market tractor your looking at. This means that if there isn't a direct North American model crossover for this machine parts and info (and service) may be hard to get. If you can work on tractors yourself or know somebody who does this might not be a problem. Some North American dealers refuse to offer any service/parts on greys. Depending on where you live thier are a few dealers who specialize in importing and supplying parts for them. If you google EFC Construction you will find a great website that actually shows a TA 247 with a loader on it.
As to whether it would handle a 2 furrow plough I am no expert in this area. I think it would but I certainly wouldn't go any smaller since it is actually 24 pto hp. Maybe others can answer that question better. Gerry

/ ISEKI TA247
Thanks Gerry for the information. I live in West Central part of Wisconsin so there are many places to get a tractor worked on, small ford repair shop that works on anything. I will look at that website and appreciate the info. Small things I can work on, oil changes, etc so that would not be a big deal. Just getting old and can not do as much as I used to. Thanks and have a great day.

gary

PS, Dragstripper1, not the first to run the quarter mile, but did the muscle car era!!!!! Now son and grandson also race, grandpa is the sponsor for grandson for a 5 HP JR dragster that couple weeks ago ran a 11:44 @ 55 MPH., 1/8 mile. :) Can be seen at DragNracing.com

Thanks to all.

/ ISEKI TA247 #4  
TA247 is really 27hp and a Top Of the line Model for Iseki in its class. I like Mine..

/ ISEKI TA247 #5  
I have one Iseki TA 247 to , is a very good tractor , very good quality.