Just bought a G174 with a couple questions

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions #1  

ToughAsStihl

I just bought my first tractor. I bought it to help out with sugaring and I needed something smaller to fit in the trees but I still wanted a loader. So $5400 later I have a G174, 48in rear snowblower, 48in brush hog, 36in roto tiller, 48in harrow, 48in york rake, 72in rear blade and some sort of cultivator. I got it home and to be honest I was a little disapointed. It doesnt have any hydraulic power. I cant drive the bucket part way into a snowbank and curl the bucket. Its not even a full bucket load and it wont curl or lift. Is this normal? I also cant fully curl the bucket and have the loader go down (after dumping a load) at the same time, I have to do either one or the other at each time. Is that normal? Is it also possible to put a single stick instead of the dual stick for the loader control? My other problem if floatation, it has these really skinny tires that break through the snow and though it powers through it eventually gets stuck after too much snow accumulates on the lower parts. Is it possible to put wider tires on it? Would I also have to get wider wheels? Also, I'm a tall guy, about 6'3" and I have a tough time on such a small tractor. Has anyone moved the seat back? Its as far back as it can go from the factory but I was thinking about fabricating something so it can go back farther, but just looking for ideas on how to do that.

Thanks

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions
14 views and nobody can help me?

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions #3  
Is your loader powered by the tractors pump or by a pump ofthe front shaft of the motor. The tractors pump is most likely only 3 or 4 GPM. Thats not much output when filling cylinders on a loader.

As for your seat I have simular issues with my Satoh. I bought a replacement seat that sits me up higher and also modified the mount to allow more rear travel. The thing that limits your rear travel will be your top link when you raise an attachment. Make sure you check if the toplink will hit your seat when you raise the 3 point.

Tires, Is your machine Front Wheel Assist?
If it is you have to match tire Dia to keep the gearing proper for the FWA. You should be able to put wider tires on your rims but there is a point when you will need wider rims to go wider on tires.
If you are 2WD then you can change at will as long as your rims will handle them.

Hope this helps some

Thanks Mundy. The loader is powered by the tractors pump and not the front PTO. Is there a way to put a bigger pump on? Is it possible to make the engine have more power? Like a better intake or larger exhaust, like on a diesel truck even though its not turbo?(I'm a newb so if these are stupid questions just ignore it) Yes its 4wd, but I wasnt planning on changing diameter, just width. Or am I going to have to go a little bigger to get more width?

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions #5  
With your tractor being 4 wheel drive you should not go bigger dia. If you have to go bigger dia you must increase the front and rear to maintain the same aspect ratio between the front and rear. This can get confusing as 2 inches bigger in the rear does not mean 2 inches bigger in the front. So it is best to keep the same dia front and rear as you have.

If you need more HP I would just buy a bigger tractor. I have seen some people do turbos and such but I question how many hours it will last. With proper gear selection I have never not had enough power from the motor.

I do wish the HYD pump had more flow to power the loader faster. I am looking into a pump mounted off the front crank pully. The pump on my tractor puts out 3.8 GPM at 2700RPM. At 2700RPM the loader is still pretty slow but better. With it reved up like that the problem is shifting and remembering to idle down so as to not smoke the clutch.
I am hoping to place an 11GPM pump dedicated to the loader. That should speed things up I think.

Is 2700rpm higher then what I have? I dont have a tach, so I dont know what mine runs at when its on full throttle, but is it somewhere around 2700 or did you adjust yours for higher RPM? What would you suggest for a wider tire? You wouldnt happen to know the rear tire size off hand. I know the front is 6X12 but I dont know what the rear is and its out in the dark but I'm trying to find some tires online. I'd be interested in information about the front mount pump. I dont want to get a bigger tractor because this is a great size to fit in the trees for sugaring. But I'd like better floatation in the mud and snow, and a faster more powerful loader.

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions #7  
High idle is 2750 for a G174. It won't be turning that speed when it is working. I would drain the trans oil & check the pickup screen for dirt & water. I'd also check what it has for trans oil. There is disagreement on whether it should have 80w-90 gear oil or universal hydraulic/transmission fluid. In cold temperatures, gear oil is going to be slow. I'd also check the hydraulic pressure to see if the pump is warn. A 25% larger pump can probably replace the original pump. I don't know if I'd recommend turf tires. you would loose traction. Duals might work better.

How do I check the hydraulic pressure? Duals would widen the tractor too much. Since you would have the space between the tires plus the extra tire width. It needs to be able to make it through some tight trees, but good idea. If the pump does need replaced what should I replace it with? I'm very mechanical when it comes to cars, (I've rebuilt my Toyota Landcruiser from the ground up) but the whole diesel and hydraulic system is totally new to me. So any help is greatly appreciated.

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions #9  
Do you have manuals for your tractor? If not I would sugest buying them. Both repair and owners manual.
My manuals have been worth their weight in gold. Many if not all of your questions would have been answered with manuals.
Lens12 can most likely help you out in that area along with parts.

Good luck

Got any pictures? I would like to see your tractor.

/ Just bought a G174 with a couple questions #10  
You should be able to determine the GPM requirement for that loader, and now that you know what the pump puts out, that will tell you if your short. I'm thinkin it's never gonna be real fast or strong, you've got a smal tractor with a small, 2 cyclinder, 19 hp diesel engine. I have the same tractor in 2wd. I consdered a loader but figured I could shovel about that fast and didn't spend the money.
Before you consider changing out engine parts you might want to determine parts availibilty and cost. You might keep all those attachments and sell the G194 .....with the loader before..... something breaks.
It could be worse.
Sorry but that's my advice.
Good luck