TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change

/ TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change #1  

wcpeabody

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 770
First I want to thank those that have helped me to this point.

Ok, now I am on to this weekends tractor project. So I started a new thread.

I need to change the transmission fluid, easy enough but I am a little confused and here are some questions:
  1. it looks like the Hydraulic pump is using the same reservoir, it that correct?
  2. Where is the screen - filter in the hydraulic system that should be cleaned out?
  3. What type of fluid should be used, TDH rated fluid ?

Attached are some photo's

Thanks in advance,
Bill

BTW - I am taking pictures of when I do this mainenance. I plan on making threads outlining what I did so when someone else has the same questions they can be directed to the thread

Attachments

• DSC_0062.JPG
    DSC_0062.JPG
    531.7 KB · Views: 1,426
  • DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0063.JPG
    559.4 KB · Views: 2,296
   / TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change
I got it figured out but there was more fluid then I expected. Some where around 4 liters. I only bought 3 quarts so I need to get to the store tomorrow and get some more before I know exactly how much.

Bill

/ TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change #3  
I like your idea to post pictures of your work.

I don't have a TU1700 but for those who do this will be helpful. I have learned a great deal about my TS1610 and tractors in general from posts on this site.

The first time I changed the engine oil in my TS1610. I found a quite a few extra pieces of gasket material in the pan. So it is worth the effort to change this on a tractor that is new to you.

/ TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change #4  
I had to refill after a PTO seal failure last year and to the best of my memory it took about 4.5 gals in my 2 wheel drive TU1700. Did not think I would every get it full. To NAPA 3 times to get enough.

Eddie

/ TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change #5  
You better recheck. It usually takes gallons not quarts.

/ TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change
Kay, thanks you are right. I mis "spoke" above.

/ TU 1700 - Transmission & Hydraulic fluid change #7  
Do you know where the drain plug is for the hydraulic Reservoir? Or do you know how to drain the Hydraulic Reservoir on and Iseki TS1610, I know how to drain the Transmission Gear box!!! Just need help on how to drain the Hydraulic Reservoir?

Thanks