Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower

Default Re: Challenger made by Iseki

Very nice looking unit. Now from what I can tell you have 2 sets of rear remotes to control hydraulic functions of implements. The controls to those remotes are the 2 levers on the right side rear(labeled 1 & 2). Then you have a set of power beyond ports on the right rear of the tractor that is used to control a backhoe. There is not lever for this as it loops constantly. The lever on the right side of the seat in front of the 2 levers side by side is to control the 3pt hitch(labeled postition control). At least this is the way it is suppose to be.
    Montana 4340C w/loader, AgroTrend FU78 rear snowblower with hydraulic shute rotation, Horst 48" pallet forks, 3pt. 2-bottom plow, 6ft. bush hog rotarty cutter, 3pt. Woods 7ft back blade, 3pt. cultivator, 5ft 3pt. york rake, 6' KKII tiller, JD494 4-row planter. Future attachments: backhoe, grapple

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

Quote Originally Posted by JDeerekid View Post
    Very nice looking unit. Now from what I can tell you have 2 sets of rear remotes to control hydraulic functions of implements. The controls to those remotes are the 2 levers on the right side rear(labeled 1 & 2). Then you have a set of power beyond ports on the right rear of the tractor that is used to control a backhoe. There is not lever for this as it loops constantly. The lever on the right side of the seat in front of the 2 levers side by side is to control the 3pt hitch(labeled postition control). At least this is the way it is suppose to be.
    You are right up to the the 2nd to last sentence. The position control doesn't raise/lower the pt hitch. It only limits how high or low it will go. Unfortunately, one of the 2 remote levers is raising/lower the 3 pt rockshaft at this time.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

I am wondering if the lever did not get taken/broken off and the linkage is caught up in the remote lever and is now controlling it just by some dumb luck chance????

Chris

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    I am wondering if the lever did not get taken/broken off and the linkage is caught up in the remote lever and is now controlling it just by some dumb luck chance????

Chris
    Could be, but I don't see anything yet. Then again, I've been so busy with work, selling a piece of property and coaching my son's football team in the playoffs, that I haven't had more than a few minutes to look it over.

The other thing is that the slot where I think the 3pt lift would be has no decal or label. All other controls in place have a decal showing what they do.

I wonder if the tractor was ordered with a factory subframe backhoe (as this one was) if they do some deleting of other things, like the 3 pt lift, but that makes absolutely no sense.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by Builder View Post

I wonder if the tractor was ordered with a factory subframe backhoe (as this one was) if they do some deleting of other things, like the 3 pt lift, but that makes absolutely no sense.
    You would not think that would be the case, especially since its imported. It would be much cheaper in the long run just to make them all the same. Its either plumbed like my tractor we talked about yesterday or its just some weird thing like the control rod deal. Who knows? Like you said, you will just have to tear into it.

Chris

Tractor
    Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower

Could be, but I don't see anything yet. Then again, I've been so busy with work, selling a piece of property and coaching my son's football team in the playoffs, that I haven't had more than a few minutes to look it over.

The other thing is that the slot where I think the 3pt lift would be has no decal or label. All other controls in place have a decal showing what they do.

The slot for the 3pt hitch is labeled as Position Control, that is suppose to be the lever for the 3pt hitch so I dont understand why it is not working. The empty slot next to it is for the optional draft control.

I am wondering do you have 1 or 2 knobs below the seat. One some tractors that have the hydraulic remotes and 3pt hitch the 2 knobs control how fast the 3pt hitch is raised and lowered and also from switching the rear remotes from single acting to dual acting. If you have these maybe turn them and see if the 3pt hitch lever works then.
    Another thing you can do if you have any implements that use your hydraulic remotes plug them in and see if they actually work. maybe there is something wrong with your hydraulics.
    Montana 4340C w/loader, AgroTrend FU78 rear snowblower with hydraulic shute rotation, Horst 48" pallet forks, 3pt. 2-bottom plow, 6ft. bush hog rotarty cutter, 3pt. Woods 7ft back blade, 3pt. cultivator, 5ft 3pt. york rake, 6' KKII tiller, JD494 4-row planter. Future attachments: backhoe, grapple

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1533

I don't know if it'll help you, but that's the same tractor as a Massey Ferguson 1547. You might could find more info on those. I attached a cross-reference guide from AGCO.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Some of my ancestors hung by the neck, but none by the tail.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Could be. I know a guy that bought a used JD that was ordered from JD with backhoe. The 3pt assy was still on the tractor but, the 3pt. lever was disconnected . So, the 3pt wouldn't interfere with the backhoe operation .By the way ,,,very nice tractor

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2005 MT265B

I also just bought a 2005 MT265B from an auction. Does anyone have a diagram or a page from the operator's manual indicating what are the functions for each control? There are a few levers and buttons I have no idea what it does. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: I contacted Agco and one of their technical guy sent me the operation and maintenance manual. I'm very impress with their customer service and support.
    Last edited by stumpfield; 01-21-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by stumpfield View Post
    I also just bought a 2005 MT265B from an auction. Does anyone have a diagram or a page from the operator's manual indicating what are the functions for each control? There are a few levers and buttons I have no idea what it does. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: I contacted Agco and one of their technical guy sent me the operation and maintenance manual. I'm very impress with their customer service and support.
    I tried to get one, but to no avail. Got a link or a contact name where i can get a manual for a MT-285B?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast