Tu1500 service help

/ Tu1500 service help #1  

pob

I need to carry out a service on this compact can anyone help with oil details type and quantities for engine, gearbox, diffs etc.

/ Tu1500 service help #2  
I feel bad that I directed you to this forum and you still haven't got a response. I did a quick search for you and came up with this website.
Misc. Tractors Iseki TX1500 Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual Shop
while this does not really help short term, perhaps a manual would help you with future issues. Sorry I can't help you more, I am unfamiliar with your make and model of tractor.

Mark

/ Tu1500 service help #3  
What type of engine does your TU1500 have? If the engine is an Iseki, it will have the model number on the side, something like E3AE1 or if a Mitsubishi, something like K3C. Unless someone has a TU1500 owners manual (not likely except in Japan), you are better off with an engine number, as many Iseki's share engine types. This will get you better info on valve clearances, etc. from forum members.

You would be safe to use UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid) for the transmission / rear end. Tractors that share the sump for hydraulics and gear boxes use UTF and Iseki's specify it for their tractors. There will be a dipstick or fill and drain plugs.

Front axles use SAE 80 and you simply fill until the axle is at least half covered.

Engine is fine with any good quality diesel 15-40 oil. It has to be diesel oil. Change out is typically 100 hours. If you live in a cold region of the country, 10-30 is fine for winter, as long as it's diesel oil.

The clutch end of some engines have a small gearbox. UTF is fine here, there is a fill and drain just like a standard transmission. Remove fill plug and add until it overflows.

There is no end to oil quality arguments, but I buy all my fluids at Wal-mart. I have diesels with over a million miles on Wal-mart oil, but I change out my oil like it's a religious edict and Wal-mart oil have served me well. If you have money to burn and think Wal-mart oil is substandard, then go for the gusto and buy Castrol or something that helps you sleep better at night.

/ Tu1500 service help
Thanks SVCguy, thats a big help I will look for the engine number later, but having had a quick look the electrics have the Mitsubishi logo on.

We live in Portugal and unfotunately they dont have Wal-mart here!!

UTF is that same/similar as TQF Transmission fluid?

/ Tu1500 service help
Thanks POLO1665, living here in Portugal any help is greatly appreciated as our grasp of Portuguise dosn't quite stretch to tractor tech talk!! (yet!)

/ Tu1500 service help #6  
Great question. TQF fluid is actually for automatic transmission application. It would not work. UTF means Universal Tractor Fluid and differs from TQF. UTF is really hydraulic fluid with high pressure additives to protect the transmission and drive gears. It protects final drives and transmissions like SAE 90, but is light enough to be a good quality hydraulic oil. Tractors that share oil between the transmission and hydraulics will use UTF.

I am sure Mercedes or Fiat tractor dealer would be able to help.

I mentioned Wal-Mart because we can purchase a 20 litre pail of UTF for about $28 USD. Hope you can find a source that is reasonable. Good luck.

/ Tu1500 service help #7  
Hi'ya,
Can you post a picture? I have a TU155 and have learned that similar numbers can mean similar tractors.
Cheers,
Chris.