Diferential Lock.

/ Diferential Lock. #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
Pulling out a few Tree Trunks today, I had some ice issues. My TA247 is 4X4 but only one rear wheel would spin. I have yet to buy an Ownwers Manual so I could not figure out how to engage the Dif Lock. It does have a square Green Button in front of the 4X4 engage lever but it only flashes and doesnt seem to do much else. It has been activated before because I dug some deep holes in my new gravel driveway.. Any Ideas >>?? :confused:

Thanks.

/ Diferential Lock. #2  
My Massey-Ferguson GC2310 MAY be completely different, but it's made by Iseki...

The 2310 uses a mechanical device to lock the rear differential, a metal rod on the left side of the floor pan that has to be pushed by foot (with some patience, at times), to engage the diff. lock- could yours be the same?

I find that I have to apply steady pressure to the floor pedal, while gently engaging drive; when pedal drops to floor lock is engaged. Hope this may help--

Attachments

• Diff lock-1.JPG
    Diff lock-1.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Diff lock-2.JPG
    Diff lock-2.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 144
   / Diferential Lock.
Thanks for the info. I do have a heel activated lever that looks like it may be the Dif Lock. I was unaware that you may have to engage and move to lock it. I will try it in the morning. My Iseki is close to a Massey 1240.

Thanks again.
MM.

/ Diferential Lock. #4  
MM, the foot pedal You are talking about is indeed the locking pedal. Rjight at Your right heel. When You Get to Where You need it , Just Apply down Preasure with Your heel & It will Lock , & Automaticlly unlock When its not Needed . I Use it Quite often Ussually on Unlevel soft ground . Works great , Just Use it & You,ll see what I Mean About it Kicking back out Automaticlly , I,m not Sure if Its Direction change that Does it for sure , As I,m Just Used to using it .

I,m Assuming the Green Button You are Talking about is What You use to Put it in 4 Wheel drive, When Lit , Its in 4 whl, Push it to Disengauge . At Least on Mine . How do You Like Your 247 ? A Real Workhorse IMO . Best of luck. Bob

/ Diferential Lock.
Thanks a lot. I will try the pedal today. ( More Tree trunks to pull out for firewood.) This TA247 is an amazing Work Horse. I test its limits nearly every day. I am a 1st time Tractor Owner and I cant believe I got by without one for so long.

Regards.
MM.

/ Diferential Lock. #6  
Yomax-- Wow, if your Iseki is like the M-F 1240, that's a lot bigger than my little beast.... I'm not surprised you're finding it to be a workhorse!

As far as getting along without one for so long.... I'd been thinking of such an item for 20 years, seriously for the last 7, and finally bit the bullet last year. It's been a godsend when it comes to removing snow! Though it's quite a bit smaller than yours, it's still one of those things I wish I'd purchased years ago.

The 2310 has "only" 23 HP, but can do amazing stuff (sh-h-h-h-- even with turf tires!). I haven't needed the differential lock but only once or twice, but it really works!

How 'bout a photo of yours?

Attachments

• trac lft side.JPG
    trac lft side.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 119
  • blower 12:1:08.jpg
    blower 12:1:08.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 159