TU1700 Ran out of gas

/ TU1700 Ran out of gas #1  

Marada

Tractor
Iseki 1700F
Man, talk about a pain. Never, ever run your tractor on empty. It too me a day and finally changing the way I was bleeding air to get my 1700 started. I loosed the 2 screws on the filter. No problem there. The problem was that to bleed the injector I was removing the nut that held the bleed screw. Corrosion had mated the 2. I could get fuel spurting out the opening but never a steady stream. Even loosing the lines from the fuel injectors did not work. After spending all day doing this while constantly recharging the battery, I attacked the nut and bleed screw. Got it broke loose and reinstalled. What a difference. Air bubbles coming out. Kept cranking with the srew loose till it fired. Retighned the srew and then just kept starting it and letting it run till it shut down. Took about 10 starts to finally get all the air bled out. Just passing on my experiance in case someone else runs into the problem. Next to the fuel line for cylinder number 3 on the injector pump is another nut with a screw in it. Does anyone have any idea what it's for?
Jack

/ TU1700 Ran out of gas #2  
Run out of gas???? TU1700 correct me if I'm wrong..doesn't this TU1700 run on diesel fuel???.....AMPA

/ TU1700 Ran out of gas
Run out of gas???? TU1700 correct me if I'm wrong..doesn't this TU1700 run on diesel fuel???.....AMPA

You are correct, uit is diesel. Just easier to spell gas. Maybe I should have use fuel instead.

/ TU1700 Ran out of gas #5  
When you run out of diesel it is easy to remember how to spell diesel. Just think of Die and sell and leave off one L. Especially if you have an older diesel. I was sure getting tractor to run again was going to cause me to die, thus die and i seriously considerd selling my ttractor thus sel. Just remember die and sel.

Don