Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed

/ Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed #1  

JTHenley

Hi guys (newbie here), seeking info about where to buy replacement water pump for my C.1978-79 Bolens-Iseki G194 diesel tractor. Some forums indicate parts for these may be tough to find, others say that there may be some cross-over parts available from other manufacturers (Mitsubishi; Mazda?) but would need to cross-reference part numbers in order to get the right one.
Anybody got suggestions? I'm a weekend-warrior for most DIY projects, but am not a mechanic... is this a project that I could tackle myself without screwing it up?
Am located in New Hampshire.
All replies appreciated!

/ Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed #2  
Welcome to the site.
Check Ebay, if not I believe there are a couple of vendors that check this board out that might be able to help you.

/ Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed #3  
Hi guys (newbie here), seeking info about where to buy replacement water pump for my C.1978-79 Bolens-Iseki G194 diesel tractor. Some forums indicate parts for these may be tough to find, others say that there may be some cross-over parts available from other manufacturers (Mitsubishi; Mazda?) but would need to cross-reference part numbers in order to get the right one.
Anybody got suggestions? I'm a weekend-warrior for most DIY projects, but am not a mechanic... is this a project that I could tackle myself without screwing it up?
Am located in New Hampshire.
All replies appreciated!

I bought most all of my TS1610F engine rebuild parts (same Isuzu 2-cyl. engine as yours) from Dessco | Home in Utah. They sell Isuzu diesel engines and stock the parts. On the water pump tho, you might want to consider just having yours rebuilt by a local or on-line water pump rebuilder. Might be less expensive. The following is DESSCO's web site info:

A Large Inventory of Parts

DESSCO stocks most parts for everything it sells. We presently carry more than 20,000 line items on our shelves, with availability of virtually all other parts in 24 hours. As the demand for additional parts arises, we put them on the shelf as part of our standing inventory for the convenience of our customers.

As important as the quantity of parts we stock is the quality. We sell only genuine manufacturers parts to assure the same caliber of performance as original equipment.

We accept orders from non-dealer customers by

phone (1-801-972-1836)

fax (801-975-7316)

toll-free fax (1-888-933-7726)

e-mail (parts@dessco.com)

mail and over the counter

/ Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed #4  
I can supply you a waterpump. i have rebuilts in stock. I also have a G194 parts tractor.

/ Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed #5  
see my recent posts about this topic. As far as your abilities go this can be tackled with basic mechanical abilities. if you are methodical about removing and reinstalling the parts, know how to deal with gaskets and sealants and can turn a wrench - you can do this job. I'd suggest you either buy the pump new or rebuilt or have the pump rebuilt and order the parts. thats what i did. rebuilding the pump takes a bit of talent and knowhow and some specific tools make the job easier. itis not that hard but the last guy who rebuilt my pump did it wrong and that is why it failed.

you need to remove the engine covers, pull the fan, rad and hoses, fan belt, unbolt the water pump, have it rebuilt or install new one, put everything back together and that's it. my previous post has some info on where i got my stuff and some of the issues i had.

good luck.

/ Bolens-Iseki G194 waterpump needed
PROBLEM SOLVED! (I hope).

Larso1: A big Thank You (!) for your help...
After chasing all over the internet I contacted the folks at DESSCO in Salt Lake City and got my replacement water-pump for under $160. (included a replacement gasket and their S&H charges).

DESSCO's Parts Department folks were great, very helpful and understanding, and patient with my follow-up calls (the part came a week later than they said originally, but the delay was due to their Shipping Dept., and not the Parts folks). I for one sure wouldn't hesitate to call DESSCO again for any needed parts.

Regarding the costs involved: The packing-slip with my pump noted that "Dealers are fee to sell thee products at whatever price or margin of profit they choose"
My mechanic had found a replacement pump for $450. (or a re-build for $350.), and I got an e-mail offering a new, replacement water pump for $420. plus shipping (!choke!cough!gag!). So when DESSCO quoted me $151. for the pump, I jumped at it! It does pay to be patient, and check around for the best pricing.

Will try to post again here once we've got the pump installed & running.

Thanks again to all who replied to my post.