Water in Transmission TS 1620

/ Water in Transmission TS 1620 #1  

MrDestinE

Tractor
Iseki TS 1610
Water in Transmission TS 1610

Hello all,
I have a little trouble here and hope someone here has an answer for me.
I purchased a used TS 1610 to care for 4 acres that is overgrown and rutted.
Straight off the trailer and straight into maintenance, I pull the transmission plug to check level and find the milk. Well, I put the drain plug back in and put the pan underneath and wind up with around 2 gallons of milk in the pan before getting back to level. I can only guess that someone must have really disliked the former owner ( who has not returned my phone calls ). I do have the factory manuals ( or reprints rather ) but can Anyone tell me where on earth the drain plug for the tranny is at? My manual only states that the fluid needs changing every 900 hours but no mention of any of the drain points, all of which were easily found except the tranny.
I would rather not attempt to boil the water out or install a drain point but may have to.
The Tractor is an early 80s model with 128 hours on it so I would really like to save it.
Thankx for any help in advance and sorry for the long post.

TJ

Last edited:
   / Water in Transmission TS 1620
Thankx for the reply, uh, are you telling me the drain plug is under the wide flat bar that stretches from wheel to wheel?
Exxon Texas LoL Otherwise known as Baytown, location of one of the largest refinerys in the World. Just east of Houston on I 10.
You have mail!
TJ

/ Water in Transmission TS 1620 #4  
Kinda wondered if it was Baytown. Drove around Exxon many times when I lived down on Tabbs Bay. I retired from BP in Channelview last April. The drain on my TS1610 is right in the middle of the rear end. Looks to be a 1/4" pipe plug with a square head.

/ Water in Transmission TS 1620
Sorry if I seem to be a little dense, but.... is the drain plug facing down towards the ground or pointing straight out the back horizonal to the ground?

I never did remove the brush hog but I did look at that area, perhaps I overlooked it....
and you have more mail..
TJ