White Field Boss 35

/ White Field Boss 35 #1  

exgel60

Tractor
Still looking
WOW!!

I am brand new to this kind of stuff, I have been told by younger people that this is the best way to find out some information. I am looking for a "cheap"(I don't have big bucks) compact tractor to maintain family property in Pennsylvania. I am looking at a White Field Boss 35 with low hours. As I understand it this tractor was produced by Iseki. Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track, does this tractor have a good reputation? What price range should it be in?

If you can please help me out.
Exgel60

/ White Field Boss 35 #2  
I had the same problem needed a compact tractor I prefered a 4x4 for snowploughing....the one I found and bought was a G-174 ISEKI 3 cyl. diesel...I'm still not too sure what the G stands for unless it means garden tractor the 17 is the hp the 4 meaning 4 wheel drive....it had 733 hrs on the meter and was told it was original...but heck the meter only goes to 1000 hrs and starts all over again so your guess is as good as mine....I guess you could say this one was in okay condition...I noted it needed all new tires as they were badly weather checked and the rear tires were rotten...the guy wanted $3500.00 I mentioned the tires and I got it for $3200.00...I was like you lookin' for a bargin....over here in Ontario Canda these ISEKI's are real scarce...I've only seen one and that was at a John Deere dealer near me....anyhow I wish you luck...maybe you can get one cheaper....I spent all summer redoing this one all rewired completely new headlights and taillights back light for connecting my new rear 48" graderblade...a new circulating inline heater pump for quicker starts in the very cold weather...I reinstalled my 42" Craftsman snow blade...and I managed to find a 3 pt 60" finish mower.....and yes I sandblasted all the rust and repainted it a John Deere green...flat white for the rims and yes new front tires and used truck type tires on the rear the Turf tires cost almost a $1000 for both installed....yes this tractor came with no emplements....I have about $7500.00 cdn into this tractor as I'm typing this reply...oh' almost forgot 3 new mini gauges inplace of the idiot lites in the small dash....but I love it and would buy another if something ever happened to this one....and only if I could find as good as this one is now....but this baby runs excellent...I wish you luck guy...let me know how you make out....if you get one cheaper I'll envey you..... LOL.....take care AMPA :):):)

/ White Field Boss 35 #3  
exgel60, here's a thread on a White Field Boss 37, a size larger than yours.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/iseki/114820-white-field-boss-37-power.html

Going by the Iseki model number of this one, yours would be a Iseki TE4350 (35HP). They are good, reliable well built tractors.

ampa, the "G" in your model designation indicated it is a gear drive (manual gear type) transmission. If yours was an H-174, it would be a hydro transmission. In another thread you were asking what a crash box tranny was. It's just slang for a manual gear type transmission with no synchros...you must stop to change gears. It is the most basic and simple of manual gear type transmissions, like the one in my TS1610F. More sophisticated manual trannys have a power shift, hydraulically actuated feature that allows the operator to change gears without using the clutch, including going from forward to reverse. This is real nice when you have a loader and need to constantly shift from forward to reverse.