Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Evenin all
    I've got a hydraulic log splitter for my little iseki ts1610 and looking on old posts on here it looks like it takes 5.5 litres of hydraulic oil... changing it and putting in new will make it work bettter? I have an electric log splitter and that is miles better when you change the fluid. Is it the same with tractor hydraulics?
    Also what else should I do to get the most out of it? Someone on here suggested cleaning the filter but I haven't got a clue where that is?
    Another thread suggested there is a lever to alter the speed of the lift , again I haven't a clue.. I need a manual don't I?
    I have a power loader on the tractor too, so I'm thinking that if I change the fluid in the reservoir there will still be loads of old stuff still in the various rams
    Don't know much do I ?
    THanks for any suggestions...
    Al (freezing in the UK)

  2. #2
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    411
    Location
    So. Colorado
    Tractor
    Iseki TS1610F 4x4

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Quote Originally Posted by alexuk View Post
    Evenin all
    I've got a hydraulic log splitter for my little iseki ts1610 and looking on old posts on here it looks like it takes 5.5 litres of hydraulic oil... changing it and putting in new will make it work bettter? I have an electric log splitter and that is miles better when you change the fluid. Is it the same with tractor hydraulics?
    Also what else should I do to get the most out of it? Someone on here suggested cleaning the filter but I haven't got a clue where that is?
    Another thread suggested there is a lever to alter the speed of the lift , again I haven't a clue.. I need a manual don't I?
    I have a power loader on the tractor too, so I'm thinking that if I change the fluid in the reservoir there will still be loads of old stuff still in the various rams
    Don't know much do I ?
    THanks for any suggestions...
    Al (freezing in the UK)
    Welcome Al, I have a TS1610 also, the 4x4 version. I don't have any other hydraulic attachments on it, just use the 3-pt lift for the tiller. The owners manual does indeed state that it takes 5.5 liters without attachments. You should change the fluid and I would break the hose connections to the loader to drain out the residual as best I could. You also need to remove and inspect the hydraulic suction screen (no filter on mine). If it is partially plugged it certainly will affect the speed of the loader. The screen and the speed control knob are right next to each other under the seat, on the right hand side as you're sitting. I have attached a photo that shows both. The round black knob controls the dropping speed of the 3-pt lift. You can see a yellow ground wire in my photo that runs right between the speed control knob and the suction screen access plate with a 1/2" (or so) steel tube connected to it just behind and above it. The suction screen plate has two hex head screws you can see that need to be removed for access. Be gentle with the screen because it can easily become separated from its attachment. Good luck.

    Bill in CO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hydr_fluid_suct_screen-jpg-jpg  

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Bill,
    Thanks for that info and the picture I have the 4wd version aswell. cracking little tractor aren't they. My only gripe was the balance which was a bit scary but much better now the wheels are dish out.
    I will have a go at the hydraulic change and filter probably next week, snow permitting.. I see on the other (yanmar) forum that some say ATF is better than hydraulic fluid. mmm. What do you think or is it 6 of one and half dozen of the other..
    you know if I drain the loader rams, won't air get in ? or maybe the system just pumps it all round and out?
    THe little Iseki runs the logs splitter a charm btw..Again thanks for the photo that should really help me find the cover/filter
    Al

  4. #4
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    411
    Location
    So. Colorado
    Tractor
    Iseki TS1610F 4x4

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Quote Originally Posted by alexuk View Post
    Bill,
    Thanks for that info and the picture I have the 4wd version aswell. cracking little tractor aren't they. My only gripe was the balance which was a bit scary but much better now the wheels are dish out.
    I will have a go at the hydraulic change and filter probably next week, snow permitting.. I see on the other (yanmar) forum that some say ATF is better than hydraulic fluid. mmm. What do you think or is it 6 of one and half dozen of the other..
    you know if I drain the loader rams, won't air get in ? or maybe the system just pumps it all round and out?
    THe little Iseki runs the logs splitter a charm btw..Again thanks for the photo that should really help me find the cover/filter
    Al
    Good point on air getting into the system. Don't know if there is a bleed screw on the rams or not. I would post that question in the attachments sub-forum near the top of the forum listings of the main page. Someone there will know the best way. I would play it safe and use a standard hydraulic oil as recommended in the manual. Don't know if all those special friction modifiers and other additives in ATF could be beneficial in any way.

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    99
    Location
    Gonzales, Texas... The home of Texas independence.
    Tractor
    iseki TS1610

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    If the cylinder works in both directions, it will de-air itself.

    I understand that the transmission and hydraulic system on the TS-1610 is a common reservoir, is this true? And do they use the same oil?

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    411
    Location
    So. Colorado
    Tractor
    Iseki TS1610F 4x4

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS2009 View Post
    If the cylinder works in both directions, it will de-air itself.

    I understand that the transmission and hydraulic system on the TS-1610 is a common reservoir, is this true? And do they use the same oil?
    Hi Bill, no, actually they are a separate reservoir. The transmission case calls for 10.5L of SAE 90WT gear oil. I use 80W-90 gear oil since I haven't been able to find straight 90wt in a long time.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Thanks for the replies. I will stick to the hydraulic fluid and drain as much as I can from the rams. I am seriuosly impressed with the power of the loader and the tractor itself. I know its only a little 17 horse power tractor but it just seems to cope with pretty much whatever you ask it to do.
    al

  8. #8
    Bronze Member Marcle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    Location
    Herefordshire/Gloucestershire boarders UK
    Tractor
    Iseki 1240

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    Quote Originally Posted by alexuk View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I will stick to the hydraulic fluid and drain as much as I can from the rams. I am seriuosly impressed with the power of the loader and the tractor itself. I know its only a little 17 horse power tractor but it just seems to cope with pretty much whatever you ask it to do.
    al
    I've had problems with my FEL being too weak. I made the mistake of posting my original query in the general hydraulics section, so missed out on a lot of Iseki users experience. I've now got the FEL working, but had to do some re-plumbing to achieve this.

    With regards log splitters, I'm working on various types, so it may be worth calling by.
    Last edited by Marcle; 09-25-2012 at 05:25 AM.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6
    Location
    Berkshire
    Tractor
    Iseki TU1700

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    All, I have a grey import TU1700 which is a good little worker, but unfortunately all the labelling on components is far eastern and my Japanese isn't that good.

    anyone know how much transmission oil goes in this machine? and is there a separate oil reservoir for the hydraulics - it looks like the trans and hyd housing are all the same thing to me? Help - she's howling like a banshee and doesn't seem keen to lift any more.

  10. #10
    Platinum Member NHmitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    931
    Location
    SW New Hampshire
    Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

    Default Re: getting the most power from Iseki hydraulics

    On my Iseki TX1300 they are one in the same. The transmission, and hydraulic reservoir are shared. I am not sure about about your TU1700, but I would imagine that they have similar set ups. I'll see what I can find..
    Mitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.