New Buyer Iseki TL2300

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #1  

JDRYKS

I've been reading through all the Iseki threads and it's obvious you guys are the people to talk to about these tractors. So, I signed up and here goes...

I just bought a TL2300 that runs great. I'd like to keep it that way but I honestly don't know anything about this tractor...or any tractor for that matter.

First, can someone point me in the direction of a parts manual for this tractor?

Second, from reading various posts, I don't believe a service manual exists in English. Is there another tractor extremely similar with a service manual I could purchase?

Third, what fluids and filters should I change and how often?

Fourth, everyone speaks highly of Rainbow Distributors in Hawaii. I tried to email them and it got kicked back. I've tried to call them and I get voicemail (I called during business hours Hawaii). Am I missing something?

Thanks!

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #2  
First of all, welcome aboard........LOTS of good information in the older threads if you just search or care to scan through them......IT REALLY IS WORTH YOUR TIME TO go back and just do an evening of reading..................

I also have a TL 2300 that I have had for maybe 8 or 9 years.......Solid and dependable......Wish it was 4wd but it is what it is..........You have a FEL?.......The self leveling 3ph that is adjustable from side to side?.........ROP????????

Mine has all of these and makes for a great machine.........

Ok......maintenance........GO BACK AND READ OLD POSTS.......yes, ask on here; but you will really find a lot by doing this..........

1. A parts manual.......I got mine from EFC. He used to be on here a lot but havent seen him lately. It is on a CD and I really hesitate to make you a copy if he can run you one.......COPYRIGHTS and all of that..........
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/efc.html
Perhaps lens12 can help you as he is a pretty good source of parts and information......

2. Having searched and searched for a manual I find NOTHING..........There is a rebranded White, Bolens, or something that is really close but I had NO luck there either.......Perhaps someone will advise us both of SOMETHING that works.........

3. Actually not a lot to change.......The engine oil of course with filter........The tranmission and hydraulics are all combined and have a cleanable filter but unless it has someway gotten contaminated with water I have so far just cleaned the filter and check the level from time to time...........

4. Rainbow is a very valuable asset........They WILL get back with you if you leave a message.......Of course I say this NOT having used them for a few years now, so who KNOWS.........LET US KNOW how you come out with them......PLEASE

Do check the power steering level.....Kind of hard to get to behind the battery and front grill but do check it...........

DO CHECK THE FUEL PUMP LEVEL AND MAINTAIN IT...........I cant find the post right now but there is an excellent description with pictures on how to do this in an older post......

Anyway.........welcome aboard.......YOU HAVE A FINE MACHINE.........God bless.....Dennis

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300
I'm not sure what an FEL or the other thing you mention is. It doesn't have an ROP either. I'd like one, but seeing that they are about $600.00 I was thinking of welding one myself. They just look like heavy gauge tubing...I don't see why I couldn't make one for a lot less.

I've had two people tell me they could get me a parts manual. One said his was in Japanese, the other didn't say but I'm guessing it might be to. Is your manual in English or Chinese?

One of the posts I read here said that the Bolens G272 was the most similar tractor to the 2300. I found a service manual for sale on ssbtractor.com for the G272/G274/TL2700. I know the TL2700 is larger than the 2300, but I found one for sale on the internet and it looked exactly like my tractor. All the nobs and levers were identical and in the same place. Do you think that manual might work?

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300
Can you look at the pictures and confirm my assumptions and answer the questions? I'm trying to identify/locate the fluids/filters you said I should check and change.

I think one of the two question pics will be the fuel injector pump...not sure where the power steering fluid reservoir and dipstick will be.

I'm pretty sure I know where to fill the hydraulic fluid, but would appreciate it if you would confirm that for me.

Also, there is a cap on top of the engine. Is this where I put motor oil in?

Attachments

• Filters.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,309
  • Hydraulics.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,213
  • Question 1.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,542
  • Question 2.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,113
   / New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #5  
FEL is front end loader......sometimes known as a bucket????

3PH is three point hitch....what you hook attachments to at the rear

Good deal on the manual....Yes, the Bolens, without looking at it will work for you......I have a parts book which is in english and japanese....pictures/drawings are universal....You will find in the TL series the only real difference is in the size of the engine.....

Yes, the oil and hydraulic filters are correct........You might check with lens12 about replacement type for the oil and the hydraulic one looks as if it needs replacement as it is bent up pretty good........Actually the hydraulic is totally designed to be cleaned and reused again and again...........

Yes, that is the fill for the hydraulic and the dip stick for checking level...I do this cold with the engine NOT running.......

That is a fuel petcock/valve on the fuel filter

Yes that is the fuel pump.........the other side has the 2 bolts....I think 13mm one above the other that one uses to check pump oil, 30weight, and drain..........

Looks like a good clean tractor...........God bless......Dennis

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300
Thanks! After researching old threads, talking to you, and calling people, I think I've educated my ignorant self enough to replace all the filters and fluids and purchase the manuals. I'll let you know ihow it all works.

Once again, thanks for the help.

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #7  
JDRYKS - I also own a TL2300 and would love to get a manual for it. Where did you end up getting yours? And is it what you were expecting? Thanks.

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #8  
Hi Folks, here is another person that knows very little about tractors, here goes question, what type of oil do you put in the hidraulic reservoir, and what tipe of fluid goes into the power steering reservoir , ATF
TRhanks
Victor
:)

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #9  
The owner's manual says 80/90 gear oil & hydraulic fluid in powersteering.

/ New Buyer Iseki TL2300 #10  
Len.......the guy didnt ask it very well; but I think he was asking what type of hydraulic fluid one fills up the transmission and hydraulics with. As this is all one HUGE unit that holds many gallons, I always thought that one used tractor hydraulic fluid like you get at tractor supply and use that.

Are you saying I should be using gear oil....90 wt??????????????????

In the power steering, for me, I just use power steering fluid that one gets at the auto parts place..........

Both of these have worked for a lot of hours now for me..........God bless...Dennis

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING IS WRONG