Iseki Tu150 front axle

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle #1  

Starchaser

Tractor
Iseki TU150F
Hello.

The rubber seals on my Iseki tu150f are starting to leak and need replacement. This can be done by disassembling front axle housing with wheel gears. As I'm new to tractors - I have a question. The front wheel hub and a gear are on the shaft and this shaft is fixed in axle housing by two ball bearings. By disassembling I have to take this shaft out from housing - and the question - are those ball bearings some how firmy pressed in housing (and I need some special tools) or everything will come out easy?

Aivar

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle #2  
Hmm. Same question as mine. Didn't see yours. If you look at the inboard stub end of the short shaft, are there hammer (peening) marks? If you read my post about the TU2101, I think you'll agree that there does not appear to be any way to take apart that stub assembly. There is a fat flat washer in there, but it's in there tight. If it's a press-on thing (I hate to think that the only thing keeping the wheel on is a press-fit bearing case), I suppose I could separate it with something like a harmonic balancer separating tool, but it's got me wondering.

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle
Yes, it seems that we have simultaneously placed a thread on similar issue. :) I do not know how it looks inside, because I have not disassembled it yet. I will do this in a few week time when I get the seals. As per parts list my tractors front wheel shaft on one side end ed with a wheel hub and on other end there is a circlip, by removing it I shud be able to take off the bearings, gear and rubber seal from the shaft.

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle #4  
I have a TU150FD also. About 6 mos. ago I decided to change the gear oil in the front axle. As I started to drain the axle I realized this was not 80 or 90 weight oil.
Turns out that whoever recondition the tractor most probably found leaking seals and instead of replacing them, drained the gear oil and replaced it with Lucas Hub Oil.
The stuff has the viscosity of cold honey - I let it drain over night. The used hub oil looked fairly clean considering I've owned the tractor for 2 yrs. at that point.
Food for thought.

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle
I did change all oils and fluids just after I got mine home few years ago, just to know whats inside. :) What I found out (not all manuals are mentioning this) there is a small gearbox just behind the clutch where also gear oil should be filled, mine at the moment of discovery was almost dry.

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle #6  
I did change all oils and fluids just after I got mine home few years ago, just to know whats inside. :) What I found out (not all manuals are mentioning this) there is a small gearbox just behind the clutch where also gear oil should be filled, mine at the moment of discovery was almost dry.

Hello!
Is your Iseki 150 working normly now after wht you have done?
I also have a tu 150 with the same story

Paul
Pj@tintti.net

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle
Hello Paul,

I read your message in PM, but as maybe could be useful for someone else as well I will write here. The filling cap for this small gearbox can be found if you look down where the steering column is attached to the floor - there is a round plastic cover approximately 8-10 cm in diameter. Take this off and beneath is a small rubber cap, take this off as well and in this hole you can put some gear oil, max 0.5 l as per manual.

My tractor is running good so far. Nice little fella. :)

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle #8  
Hello!
Thanks for reply,beneat there are 2 bolts one is for chaging the gear box and the other one is infront of it. I did cgange the gear oil ,but when Iopend the other bolt nothing came out what is that bolt for??
paul

Hello Paul,

I read your message in PM, but as maybe could be useful for someone else as well I will write here. The filling cap for this small gearbox can be found if you look down where the steering column is attached to the floor - there is a round plastic cover approximately 8-10 cm in diameter. Take this off and beneath is a small rubber cap, take this off as well and in this hole you can put some gear oil, max 0.5 l as per manual.

My tractor is running good so far. Nice little fella. :)

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle
Hello,

the second bolt should be drainage for clutch housing.

Best regards

/ Iseki Tu150 front axle
here are some pictures of the clutch and gearbox housing.

Attachments

• Doc2.pdf
    177.2 KB · Views: 342
  • Doc3.pdf
    142.6 KB · Views: 282