Milky Oil

/ Milky Oil #1  

dandog

Hi Guys,a newbie owner of a small Iseki 2160 4wd.Just replaced a blown frost plug on the engine and ran her up to hot stationary with the attached roatary hoe down on th eground afterwards.Then I noticed frothy creamy greyish white oil bubbling/ooozing out of the filler cap under the tractor seat,over the rear axle,thats if this is the filler cap!!!I drove it several miles home after intial puchase with no problems,only a slight leak from the blown frost plug on the engine...whats my remedy or check from here,is there a heat exchanger/hydraulic oil cooler[which I cant see if indeed there is one !] that might be leaking possibly?Any help thoughts appreciated,while Im mechanicaly minded ,tractors and hydraulics are all new but lifes for learning!Also if I change the fluid in the rear axle what do I use....and are the gearbox and rear axle the same reservoir,phew lota questions cheers Dandog

/ Milky Oil #2  
Milky oil is a natural thing and very common with out a leak jsut a few winters in the North!!!

Your problem more then likely is just condensation in the rear end housing which I'd recommend changing as well as your filter!

For it to be that bad I'd recommend doing it twice within five to ten hours!!!!

The first time it will only be for rinseing the watered oil out so a cheaper oil would be fine to use.

When you refill the second time you should be fine although from time to time we do have some residue it will blend in and change it next spring. your tractor might have some evaporative loss of the moisture from use in between.

/ Milky Oil #3  
sounds like you got water in the oil. Time to drain and replace. Water expands much more then oil does, hence the bubbling over.

/ Milky Oil #4  
Probably just condensation from cold to hot weather, I agree, replace all filters and oil and you should be ok? Ken Sweet

/ Milky Oil
Awseome fullas,now that Ive found this sight Im in business and help,thanks again Dandog