Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F

/ Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F #1  

cowboy357

Platinum Member
I,m needing gears & Brgs for the left front Hub & axle on My Isiki . Needing the large Hub gear, axle gear & lower spindle gear & all brgs for the left side .

The fender says 255 landleader but the tags have these numbers on them .

TA250F
TL28F
UKWX

The #,s on the gears I cant find but I think these are the #,s on the brgs .

KOYS 6207 axle gear brg
N&M 2202 Hub brg
NSK 6208 Top spindle brg
Also need the lower spidle brg but dont have a # yet .

Pics are the damaged gears needed . New , Used will consider anything , Thanks for any info or help .

Attachments

• P8280001.JPG
    P8280001.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 184
  • P8280002.JPG
    P8280002.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 202
  • P8280003.JPG
    P8280003.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 169
  • P8290005.JPG
    P8290005.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 194
   / Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F
Well I recon it aint looking good about anyone having these parts or any suggestions about who might have & yes I,m aware of who are the dealers & can ussually provide parts . But I thought I would narrow it down to giving as close and correct info & pics of exactlly what I needed rather then wasting any of the dealers time on the phone or through emails .

That being said if anyone has any lines on getting these parts or suggestions it would be much appreciated , Thanks :)

I thought I,d update this for anyone that might run into this type of problem down the road as I have had no luck locating any parts yet . Also my other tractor is down as well so I need my tractor back for mowing .

I decided to leave out the 2 lower spindle gears , as well as the axle gears & axles , That way the damaged hub gears can cause no further damage & it operates just fine in 2WD . This is the first job I,ve ever done that I intentially have parts left over :laughing:

Top right pic are the parts I left out , Bottom 2 pics are where I removed them from . This eliminates any gear meshing with damaged ones .

I hope this may come in handy for someone . I am still in nead of the parts listed & will restore it back to 4WD when I can find them . :D

Attachments

• P9050001.JPG
    P9050001.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 153
  • P9050002.JPG
    P9050002.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 162
  • P8280001.JPG
    P8280001.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 144
  • P8290005.JPG
    P8290005.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 130
   / Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F #4  
Cowboy, I assume you have checked with the dealers and the parts aren't available...even from Japan? I have pondered similar circumstances and wondered what could be done in such a case. Since putting a loader on my tractor I have worried a little more about such things and if parts are still available if I broke something in my front end. This has led me to two thoughts I could approach in a worst case scenario ( parts not available for my tractor).

1. Could I swap a complete FWD front axle from another compact or grey market onto my tractor?

2. Bearings are usually not a problem, if you know the dimensions you can find them somewhere, gears are the real issue. There are companies that reproduce gears such as http://www.moderngear.com/ http://www.alliedgearmachine.com/ Any Gear Made Quickly Inexpensively & Perfectly Al Meekins Gears would someone be able to make a high quality gear that would last as well or better than OEM?

Last edited:
Cowboy, I assume you have checked with the dealers and the parts aren't available...even from Japan? I have pondered similar circumstances and wondered what could be done in such a case. Since putting a loader on my tractor I have worried a little more about such things and if parts are still available if I broke something in my front end. This has led me to two thoughts I could approach in a worst case scenario ( parts not available for my tractor).

1. Could I swap a complete FWD front axle from another compact or grey market onto my tractor?

2. Bearings are usually not a problem, if you know the dimensions you can find them somewhere, gears are the real issue. There are companies that reproduce gears such as Custom Gears and Precision Machined Components from Modern Gear & Machine, Inc. Allied Gear & Machine Any Gear Made Quickly Inexpensively & Perfectly Al Meekins Gears would someone be able to make a high quality gear that would last as well or better than OEM?

Thanks for the links Kernopelli , I,ve been looking into having the gears either welded up & machined back down or just having new ones made . I just haven,t had any luck yet with any kind of pricing .

Since most of the dealers belong to this forum , I was hoping I would here from some as this is easier for me to post the info & for them to see the actuall gears needed . I,m pretty sure I can get the bearings locally but thought if I could get everything from the same place it would be easier for both of us . I also sent emails to the dealers with the same info just recentlly but about half of the places I contacted my emails were showed as undeliverable .

I,ve called a few & thats kind of a waste of time without having part numbers . So i just figured it wasn,t looking to good , But I haven,t givin up . With the gears out & the tractor back in use I,m not so nervous about sending them out to be repaired or made new . But My hub gears will most likelly be the hardest to reproduce because of the odd shape not to mention cost prohibitive . But i,ll keep this thread updated so it might help others . Thanks for the reply & links . Bob

/ Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F #6  
These Gears look very repairable to me. I have Tig Welded similar Ring and Pinion gears on ATV's. I used a 312 Stainless Filler Rod that will machine down for a time before work hardening. You should have no trouble getting a shop in your area to fix these up.

Bummer but good luck.

These Gears look very repairable to me. I have Tig Welded similar Ring and Pinion gears on ATV's. I used a 312 Stainless Filler Rod that will machine down for a time before work hardening. You should have no trouble getting a shop in your area to fix these up.

Bummer but good luck.

Thats good to know yomax4 , I,ll do some more calling around locally to some machine shops today . So far the welders that say they can weld them cant machine them . Thanks for the reply . :thumbsup:

/ Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F #8  
Yeah, I'm sure there is not a good way to Machine these with a lathe or mill. I used a Die Grinder with Cutoff Wheels, Carbide Burrs and Files. You can get nearly an exact repair with these tools. If it's only 98% perfect, It will wear in to work fine. It will take some time but it can be done.

Good Luck.

Yeah, I'm sure there is not a good way to Machine these with a lathe or mill. I used a Die Grinder with Cutoff Wheels, Carbide Burrs and Files. You can get nearly an exact repair with these tools. If it's only 98% perfect, It will wear in to work fine. It will take some time but it can be done.

Good Luck.

Thanks again yomax4 . I,m still using it daily in 2wd & looking for parts for it if anyone has or knows who might have these . But I will plan on either reparing them or having no gears made .

I,m disapointed , but not surprised out of all of the dealers on the iseki dealer list here I,ve contacted , not one has even replyed to my emails saying they can OR cant supply the parts & a couple of the places keep kicking back my emails as unable to send . :(

/ Needing frontend gears & Brgs TA250F/TL28F #10  
Hi Cowboy kinda' interested how that damage to the gears came about,I'm now a little scared that may happen to my Bolens G-174,I'd be lost without havin' 4 wheel drive although my ISEKI pulls pretty good in 2 wheel drive, but in deep snow 4 wheel drive is much better since I don't use chains no more,I felt by usin' chains it was a bit hard on the geared rear and front axles,just my thinkin' mind you,over here in Canada parts like you need are probley impossible to get hold of,I hope you make out okay.......take care Ampa