Oil & Fuel Iseki TX2160

/ Iseki TX2160 #1  

johnbp

Tractor
iseki tx2160f
Hi
I am having problems with the hydraulics on my 2160. They work to start with, as long as the engine is on full revs, but after a short period of time they just stop working. The TPH will move but there is no power. The other ting I notice is that there seems to be 'air bubbles' in the transmision oil. If I let the tractor stand (engine off) for a while the whole thing starts to work again. The oil is sae90

/ Iseki TX2160 #2  
Three things come to mind:
1. Low Fluid level - This could cause most of your problems and is the easiest to check
2. Clogged intake strainer - Most tractors have a strainer on the pump intake which can get clogged and cause bad things to happen
3. Bad relief valve - it could be bypassing too soon when it gets warmed up and nto letting you get full hydraulic pressure.

Aaron Z

/ Iseki TX2160
Hi
Thank for that. Do you think the oil is the correct type?

/ Iseki TX2160 #5  
See Ford N-Series Transmission/Hydraulic Fluid, The Full Story for a comparison of gear oil, Universal Tractor Fluid (UTF) and hydraulic oil. It is oriented towards a N series Ford, but the idea is the same. I would start by draining the 90wt oil and replacing it with UTF if the transmission and the hydraulics use the same oil (which most tractors do).

Aaron Z

/ Iseki TX2160 #7  
The 2160 is a hydrostatic. Use a Universal hydraulic transmission fluid. There are a couple hydraulic filters & screens in the hydro system. They should all be checked for dirt.

/ Iseki TX2160
Hi all thanks for the reply
My tractor is a TX2160 manual, not hydrostatic, there is only one oil for gears and hydraulics ( I assure u this is the case), I am genuenly looking for an answer to the problems I have, not a list of people who think they know what tractor I HAVE WHEN THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER and are just using this site as a link to thier web sites. I am gratefully to the people who have replied with answers I can look at and think about.
Out of interest I took apart the hydro control unit only to find some one had taken the unit apart before and used what looks like locktite to seize up one of the valves?????? I have removed all this and the unit seems to work ok at the moment.

/ Iseki TX2160 #9  
TX2160 is the Iseki designation for a hydrostatic version of the G174. The Bolens designation is 1704H & H174. If your tractor is labelled TX2160, it is either labelled incorrectly or the transmission has been changed. Aszlan did a good job of covering possible problems. In regard to air bubbles. I'd check to see if the rubber hose in the suction line has a pin holes & that the clamps are tight. You don't state where you are located. If you are in a northern climate & use it during the winter. I'd recommend using Universal hydraulic/transmisssion fluid. I don't know of any US tractor that gear oil was recommended in a hydraulic ayatem. A version of Universal hydraulic/transmisssion fluid has been recommended in most tractors since the early 1960's.