Tractor
    iseki tx2160f

Default Iseki TX2160

Hi
    I am having problems with the hydraulics on my 2160. They work to start with, as long as the engine is on full revs, but after a short period of time they just stop working. The TPH will move but there is no power. The other ting I notice is that there seems to be 'air bubbles' in the transmision oil. If I let the tractor stand (engine off) for a while the whole thing starts to work again. The oil is sae90

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Re: Iseki TX2160

Three things come to mind:
    1. Low Fluid level - This could cause most of your problems and is the easiest to check
    2. Clogged intake strainer - Most tractors have a strainer on the pump intake which can get clogged and cause bad things to happen
    3. Bad relief valve - it could be bypassing too soon when it gets warmed up and nto letting you get full hydraulic pressure.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    iseki tx2160f

Hi
    Thank for that. Do you think the oil is the correct type?

Bronze Member
    Gonzales, Texas... The home of Texas independence.
    Tractor
    iseki TS1610

On my TS1610 it uses hydraulic oil, not 90 wt.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

See Ford N-Series Transmission/Hydraulic Fluid, The Full Story for a comparison of gear oil, Universal Tractor Fluid (UTF) and hydraulic oil. It is oriented towards a N series Ford, but the idea is the same. I would start by draining the 90wt oil and replacing it with UTF if the transmission and the hydraulics use the same oil (which most tractors do).

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Bronze Member
    Gonzales, Texas... The home of Texas independence.
    Tractor
    iseki TS1610

Just for FYI....My TS 1610 uses 90 wt in the transmission/rear axle and hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic system which is seperate.

Veteran Member

The 2160 is a hydrostatic. Use a Universal hydraulic transmission fluid. There are a couple hydraulic filters & screens in the hydro system. They should all be checked for dirt.

Tractor
    iseki tx2160f

Hi all thanks for the reply
    My tractor is a TX2160 manual, not hydrostatic, there is only one oil for gears and hydraulics ( I assure u this is the case), I am genuenly looking for an answer to the problems I have, not a list of people who think they know what tractor I HAVE WHEN THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW THE ANSWER and are just using this site as a link to thier web sites. I am gratefully to the people who have replied with answers I can look at and think about.
    Out of interest I took apart the hydro control unit only to find some one had taken the unit apart before and used what looks like locktite to seize up one of the valves?????? I have removed all this and the unit seems to work ok at the moment.

Veteran Member

TX2160 is the Iseki designation for a hydrostatic version of the G174. The Bolens designation is 1704H & H174. If your tractor is labelled TX2160, it is either labelled incorrectly or the transmission has been changed. Aszlan did a good job of covering possible problems. In regard to air bubbles. I'd check to see if the rubber hose in the suction line has a pin holes & that the clamps are tight. You don't state where you are located. If you are in a northern climate & use it during the winter. I'd recommend using Universal hydraulic/transmisssion fluid. I don't know of any US tractor that gear oil was recommended in a hydraulic ayatem. A version of Universal hydraulic/transmisssion fluid has been recommended in most tractors since the early 1960's.