Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #1  

cowboy357

Platinum Member
I finally am getting around to finding out what is wrong with my tractor . It appears i have sheared off 7 of the 8 ring gear bolts , I can only assume this was caused by some of them coming loose because I can find no other cause for it & amazinglly one is still in place & still tight .

I have yet to find anyone that carrys parts for this model of Iseki but I would have to think many other models would be the same . If any one knows where to find these bolts your input would be appreciated . I am also still looking for gears for the front drive axle .

Even as far as I have it tore down , I still cant get to where I can get the bolts out yet , but I will try to post pics of them once I do . I dont have a manual so I,m not sure if I will have to remove the left side axle assembly or seperate the rear end case from the main case or not . Any input about this would also be welcome . Thanks Bob

This is the Info on the ID plate .
TA250F 04552
TL28F
1725 1498CC 2500RPM
25PS

Attachments

• PC210035.JPG
    PC210035.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 247
  • PC230002.JPG
    PC230002.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 299
  • PC230014.JPG
    PC230014.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 262
  • PC230015.JPG
    PC230015.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 333
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #2  
<>Hi Bob.....sorry to hear hear your still havin' problems with your ISEKI....and you still have not resolved your problems on the front drive to date.....there is a forum member up here in eastern Canada....who can fix/build/make up anything as he has the knowlage plus machinery to do it....try and post a pic of these fasteners/bolts and maybe I can send a copy to this fellow member....and perhaps sending him one of the originals.... plus shipping costs that wouldn't cost all that much for such a small item.....just my thoughts..... I don't want to mention his user name....as maybe he'll read this and get in touch with you.....but for the time bein' post a pic of these bolts and I'll try send it to him....us ISEKI owners must look to other ways of repairing these fine machines....I just got through changin' out my old contaminated water/ hydraulic gear/trans fluid..Oh' by the way... Bob....what are you gonna' use to replace the old gaskets...this gasket thing always stopped me from tearin' mine apart if the need happen to come along...plus patience which you seem to have plenty of :D......take care Ampa<>

Last edited:
   / Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #3  
I finally am getting around to finding out what is wrong with my tractor . It appears i have sheared off 7 of the 8 ring gear bolts , I can only assume this was caused by some of them coming loose because I can find no other cause for it & amazinglly one is still in place & still tight .

I have yet to find anyone that carrys parts for this model of Iseki but I would have to think many other models would be the same . If any one knows where to find these bolts your input would be appreciated . I am also still looking for gears for the front drive axle .

Even as far as I have it tore down , I still cant get to where I can get the bolts out yet , but I will try to post pics of them once I do . I dont have a manual so I,m not sure if I will have to remove the left side axle assembly or seperate the rear end case from the main case or not . Any input about this would also be welcome . Thanks Bob

This is the Info on the ID plate .
TA250F 04552
TL28F
1725 1498CC 2500RPM
25PS

I have never actually worked on an Iseki, but it looks like the same design as most CUT's. You will have to remove both axle housings to to get the carrier out, but should not need to remove the differential housing from the transmission case. Looking at the pictures those ring gear bolts don't look to be anything special. If you remove the remaining bolt you can measure the bolt diameter and thread pitch, there will also be a number on top of the bolt head indicating the hardness. I would guess it is an 11, but could be a 9 or 13 too. Now that I said that depending on where they were sourced it could be 10.9 also. Any decent nut and bolt supplier should be able to get the right bolt for you if you provide them with the diameter, pitch, length, and hardness.

Brian

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #4  
I was gonna' mention that Bob could probley get what he needed at a bolt and nut supply outlet.....but until we see what they really look like...they may have to be manufactured or made up by someone with the correct machinery and skills...."Bob" we're real anxious to see them bolts..... by the way hows your pond coming along?..you and your family have a wonderful and safe Christmas <> cheers Ampa<>:thumbsup:

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250
<>Hi Bob.....sorry to hear hear your still havin' problems with your ISEKI....and you still have not resolved your problems on the front drive to date.....there is a forum member up here in eastern Canada....who can fix/build/make up anything as he has the knowlage plus machinery to do it....try and post a pic of these fasteners/bolts and maybe I can send a copy to this fellow member....and perhaps sending him one of the originals.... plus shipping costs that wouldn't cost all that much for such a small item.....just my thoughts..... I don't want to mention his user name....as maybe he'll read this and get in touch with you.....but for the time bein' post a pic of these bolts and I'll try send it to him....us ISEKI owners must look to other ways of repairing these fine machines....I just got through changin' out my old contaminated water/ hydraulic gear/trans fluid..Oh' by the way... Bob....what are you gonna' use to replace the old gaskets...this gasket thing always stopped me from tearin' mine apart if the need happen to come along...plus patience which you seem to have plenty of :D......take care Ampa<>

Howdy Al & thanks , Its going to be a few days before I can get the rest apart to get the bolt out , I grinched my back perty good removing the side case it was much heavier then I had expected . But Yep there a one of a kind bolt head , there just round & flat but have a half moon cut in them to fit into the curve of the carrier . but if I could find the right strenght bolt I,m sure I could machine the head down to make it fit properlly . ;)

I have never actually worked on an Iseki, but it looks like the same design as most CUT's. You will have to remove both axle housings to to get the carrier out, but should not need to remove the differential housing from the transmission case. Looking at the pictures those ring gear bolts don't look to be anything special. If you remove the remaining bolt you can measure the bolt diameter and thread pitch, there will also be a number on top of the bolt head indicating the hardness. I would guess it is an 11, but could be a 9 or 13 too. Now that I said that depending on where they were sourced it could be 10.9 also. Any decent nut and bolt supplier should be able to get the right bolt for you if you provide them with the diameter, pitch, length, and hardness.

Brian

Thanks Brian , thats what I was kind of afraid of so I apreciate you clearing that up . Being made in japan its hard telling where the bolt was made but I have yet to find any markings or numbers on any other bolts let alone gears , so it may be a guessing game . I will post more though once I find out for sure . I,m glad to here I probablly not have to seperate the cases though :D . Thanks again guys . Bob

I was gonna' mention that Bob could probley get what he needed at a bolt and nut supply outlet.....but until we see what they really look like...they may have to be manufactured or made up by someone with the correct machinery and skills...."Bob" we're real anxious to see them bolts..... by the way hows your pond coming along?..you and your family have a wonderful and safe Christmas <> cheers Ampa<>:thumbsup:

Thanks Al hope yall have a safe & Merry Christmas as well . :D

My ponds been on hold since this tractors been down , my other ones just to heavy & sinks into the soft bottom to much . That really sucks because we have had an unusually dry summer & fall , I could have had it done in a couple of more weeks untill this happened . :mad:

BTW I emailed you some pics a few months back but dont know if I sent them to the right Email addy . Take care & I,ll update as soon as I can . Bob

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #7  
I sheared all my bolts on my front differential a couple of years back.
Front was easier to dismantle.
What I found was that the factory used metal clips with tabs to lock the bolts in place.
Jerky movements caused the tabs to open and the bolts unscrewed themselves.
I always questioned if they were ever torqued correctly.
I purchased the highest grade metric I could find and drilled the heads to safety lock wire them as well as used lock-tite.
That was 4 yrs ago.
It did cost me a crown and pinion set however. Ouch-costly!

Good luck, you'll get 'er done!

I sheared all my bolts on my front differential a couple of years back.
Front was easier to dismantle.
What I found was that the factory used metal clips with tabs to lock the bolts in place.
Jerky movements caused the tabs to open and the bolts unscrewed themselves.
I always questioned if they were ever torqued correctly.
I purchased the highest grade metric I could find and drilled the heads to safety lock wire them as well as used lock-tite.
That was 4 yrs ago.
It did cost me a crown and pinion set however. Ouch-costly!

Good luck, you'll get 'er done!

Thanks for the input PILOON , Yes that does sound costly . If it wasn,t for that one lonely bolt holding on I beleive I would have been in the same boat . Glad you got yours up & running . ;)

By the length of the broken bolts sticking past the ring gear I have no doubt being loose caused them to snap . If I am ever able to remember how it goes back together they wont come loose again :D

/ Needing ring gear bolts for a Iseki TA250 #9  
Hi Bob....me again....just thinkin' maybe Len could suppy you these bolts....and just maybe.....other models like my G-174 sport the same rear axle drive....for certain I'd like to believe they would use the same bolts....just another thought..yes I now remember seein' those pic's of your pond showin' both your new and this one that's down for repairs...which to me seems to be a real nice tractor...it is much newer than mine....and I like the FEL as well...my new installed 4" snowblade should be an improvement over the old rear 4' grader blade which I sold a few months ago to help pay for this new snowblade....nicest thing is it's all hydraulic operated..must tell you I couldn't have done the whole project without the help from TBN forum members from this ISEKI section and the hydraulic etc. section.....take care.....AL Ampa)<>

Last edited:
I figured I,d update . The bolts are close to coming out the carrier bearing hole I still had hope of not having to tear down the left side , but they miss by a hair of coming out . Also found the other two nuts & the bolts are broke off in them as well & none appears to have been loose as they all are broke exactlly the same .

Headed out to tear the left side apart , Hopefully I,ll be able to post a pic & measurements of the bolt thats not broken soon . Thanks for looking , Bob

Attachments

• PC250003.JPG
    PC250003.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 208
  • PC250004.JPG
    PC250004.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 186
  • PC250005.JPG
    PC250005.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 188
  • PC250006.JPG
    PC250006.JPG