block heater

/ block heater #1  

suntreemcanic

Silver Member
Tractor
Kabota B7800 HSD
I have an old Iseki Model TX1500F (Bolens 174). The operator manual indicates "Bolens offer an engine block heater that can be installed by dealer." Is any one familiar with this item. I am wondering how it was plumbed into the cooling system.

/ block heater #2  
I plumbed one into mine....it's expense though.......but works fine.......... Ampa

/ block heater #4  
Generally the frost plug style is the most cost effective,
Simply locate an accessible one, measure the diameter and get it from a local auto parts.
Very simple install, maybe 1/2 hour or so.
Cost is $20-30 range.

/ block heater #5  
Circulating type is best.....that is what I used....as to what ports I used....I used the one on the engine block and then the rad then into the engine block once again....if this sounds confusing it is....to have a block heater just sitting there not circulating does nothing for you....believe me I tried it.....go my route and your machine will never let you down ever again.....I could take a snapshot or two but on these Iseki tractors there's not too much room to play with......Ampa

/ block heater #6  
..to have a block heater just sitting there not circulating does nothing for you.

Block heaters or inline heaters seem to circulate the coolant quite well for most people. :)

What was the reason you's did not circulated?:)

/ block heater
Ampa, I have the block drain port and the port for the temp sender. Those would work for the block heater and I am sure some of the warmed water would circulate into the radiator. But then how or where would I hook up a temperature gauge? Is there another access point to the coolant that I have not found?

/ block heater #8  
Egon....I was more or less referrin' to an oilpan heater...a blockheater can be a bit of a problem due to the space inside the engine block...I went external and it works quite well for me...it cost me alot in the long run...but to get this ol' tractor started in the cold weather....I now have no problems at all.....Ampa

/ block heater #9  
I had lights and now all gauges....temp runs off the thermometer jacket if I remember correctly....Ampa

/ block heater #10  
I just had a slight stroke so this is why I've not been on for a while....gettin' better though.....Ampa