Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #1  

Rich Fowler

Tractor
Iseki TX1500X
Hi,
I just bought, what the owner thought, was a Bolens (Iseki) G-174. Since he wasn't sure I wonder can anybody tell me how to distinguish the 17hp from the 15hp? It is 4wd and 2cyl. None of the original markings on the frame or engine remain. Also, can you tell me what air and oil filter it uses.

Thanks, Rich

Attachments

• Iseki1.jpg
    Iseki1.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 3,651
  • IMG_2029Large.jpg
    IMG_2029Large.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_2038Large.jpg
    IMG_2038Large.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 562
   / Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #2  
I think the question is why you didn't recieve no answers so far.....I believe if you took a 3 cyl. and compared it with the 2 cyl. you have you wouldn't have to ask....but maybe you didn't know the old Iseki;s came either 2 or 3 cyl. then that's okay with us Iseki owners.....anyway you have a 15 hp if that's what your needin' to know.... and the 3 cyl. is 17 hp I think.....I hope I'm correct on this....we'll soon find out....take care and welcome to the forum....a little paint and cleanin' up is what she now needs....love the front end loader..... as for the oil filter I would just check the # and maybe find it at Nappa or any automotive store.....for mine which is a 17 hp it took a Kobota type air filter... again check the #......Ampa

Last edited:
   / Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #3  
I have a G154 and i'm no expert, but what I have learned so far in my search for some parts info.... The general series number is TX and that verison is 2 cylinder becuase the exhaust comes out on the other side of all the 3 cylinder models. I know I saw a number cast into the side of the block on mine - I wasn't scrutinizing that number at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was a model number: KE70 = 15hp according what I found this here:
Bolens - Iseki Diesel Tractor Models
That would mean KE75 = 17hp --- go look at your engine block.....

Also, I can see by the picture looking under the hood, that yours is different than my 15hp -- configuration of radiator hose and postion of air filter -- so that would lead me to GUESS this is 17hp tractor.

Good luck!

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #4  
I was thinkin' the same after I commented on this issue......the exhaust is on the same side as my G-174 which is a 17 hp........Ampa

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID
Thank you for the comments. All the pictures that I have seen of the G154 (TX1300F) and G174 (TX1500F) show a horizontal muffler with pipes running to the cylinders. Mine has an exhaust manifold connecting the cylinders running to a vertical muffler. Does anyone else have this configuration?

Thanks, Rich

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #7  
Thank you for the comments. All the pictures that I have seen of the G154 (TX1300F) and G174 (TX1500F) show a horizontal muffler with pipes running to the cylinders. Mine has an exhaust manifold connecting the cylinders running to a vertical muffler. Does anyone else have this configuration?

Thanks, Rich

It's just a 4 bolt flange mount - I'd bet maybe they just rotated it up to make room for the loader mounting. Looks like it may be a replacement, too.
Mine is still horizontal, but a comlete homemade setup someone wleded up out of car parts many years ago.

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID
HMD,
Does your G154 have an exhaust manifold like mine? Do you know what year tractor it is?

Rich

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #9  
I can get a picture if needed, but I think mine is completely home-built by the previous owner. If memeory serves (not near the tractor now) it has short pipes w/ flanges directly from the ports on the head (maybe reused from the original parts?) y'd together into an aftermarket muffler that looks like and cheap cherry bomb and then a short turnout pipe -- all welded and then they had it powder coated.

/ Need Help With Bolens (Iseki) ID #10  
I think I remember reading that the 2 cylinder Bolens Iseki's are an Isuzu engine and the 3 cylinder is a mitsubishi engine, I also read that the Isuzu engine is very difficult to find parts for. I have the 3 cylinder and its hard enuf already. I honestly in looking for parts dont ever remember seeing anything for a 2 cylinder.